My cheap 125

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"Overall, rabbitfish are quite undemanding in captivity and do not require any special type of tank or filtration. That being said, they do tend to grow to large sizes (the goldline rabbitfish, for example, can reach a length of 17 inches!). With this in mind, one should only attempt to keep a rabbitfish in a very large aquarium (certainly over 125 gallons) if hoping to house it long-term. "

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"Overall, rabbitfish are quite undemanding in captivity and do not require any special type of tank or filtration. That being said, they do tend to grow to large sizes (the goldline rabbitfish, for example, can reach a length of 17 inches!). With this in mind, one should only attempt to keep a rabbitfish in a very large aquarium (certainly over 125 gallons) if hoping to house it long-term. "
If it truly grows to 17" (which several websites said its traditionally closer to 10") then even a 125g tank is too small IMO.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Erin1971Texas when you first mentioned the size of the rabbitfish I responded with a laugh mostly because this was the type of image it brought to mind
readily-available-fish-that-get-too-large-for-most-starter-aquariums.png

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I keep buying corals I think my wife may leave.....then think of how much room I'll have for a bigger tank.
But you’re gonna have to build it out of plywood cause she’s gonna take all the $$$$$$

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$1... I don't have words right now.
After using discounts and gift cards that I had saved up I only spent $180 before shipping on the whole order.
1 hammer, 3 torches, 4 montis, 5 gonis, and 13 acropora.
I’ve found that many of the vendors on R2R who have sale threads make it worthwhile to be active on their threads, and SBB is probably one of the best. He is incredibly generous to those that are active on his thread.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen their lives before. Just never really parcipated. I am going there now! I'll make sure they know you sent me ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back