My Citrone Clown Goby is SUPER active?

AnxiousReefEnjoyer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2018
Messages
40
Reaction score
42
Location
West Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for fellow goby keepers — has anyone had a Citrone Clown Goby that’s unusually active? Everything I’ve read says they’re mostly perch-and-chill fish or cryptic, but mine is constantly moving and cruising the tank. Water parameters are stable and tankmates are peaceful. Is this just individual personality, or have others seen this too?

He/she keeps perching on the glass, swimming against the return flow and trying different rocks. When first introduced (over a week ago) it liked my copepod rubble pile but now it's a drifter.
Below is photo of my setup and fish tax
20260218_195904.jpg

20260213_200234.jpg
 
I have a little goby that looks a lot like yours. Could be the same type. He is rather chill for the most part. I believe mine is a black clown goby though.
 
Question for fellow goby keepers — has anyone had a Citrone Clown Goby that’s unusually active? Everything I’ve read says they’re mostly perch-and-chill fish or cryptic, but mine is constantly moving and cruising the tank. Water parameters are stable and tankmates are peaceful. Is this just individual personality, or have others seen this too?

He/she keeps perching on the glass, swimming against the return flow and trying different rocks. When first introduced (over a week ago) it liked my copepod rubble pile but now it's a drifter.
Below is photo of my setup and fish tax
20260218_195904.jpg

20260213_200234.jpg
They can be and tend to hide i various places and respond to feeding generally well.
 
Not a citron, but I have a Yellow Clown Goby and he is both a percher and active fish. Interestingly, by far he is the master of searching around every little nook and cranny finding food that all the rest missed.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new