My Clownfish and Firefish died

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by Ashlee & Ricky, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Garbonzo

Garbonzo Active Member

Looking at the pic of your firefish, it looks like his scales are looking flaked out meaning his scales look white and puffy in spots. Check out monogenean parasites. It is a fluke that typically will infest the gills first, and cause very labored respiration
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/QUOTE]

Ashlee & Ricky likes this.

2. Ashlee & Ricky

Ashlee & Ricky Member

I’m just now getting around to finding a tester kit, and I found that one you mentioned, the Red Sea one, on bulkreefsupply but do you think this one would be good too?
    API SALTWATER MASTER TEST KIT 550-Test Saltwater Aquarium Water Test Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EUE808/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hZnCAbP5MWQPW

This one is cheaper and has way more tests in it.
    If testing the water is something that needs to be done by a certain reliable brand, I will go with the Red Sea one, but I was thinking that as long as they test for the same thing, then it doesn’t matter the brand? Correct me if I’m wrong though!

3. JoshH

JoshH Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

This is one of the rare cases where you get what you pay For, API test kits in almost everyone's opinion are really only good for cycling your tank and even that's questionable. Hanna, Red sea, elos and salifert are the way to go for more accurate tests. I love my Red Sea kits for everything but my Hanna kits for alk and phos

4. Ashlee & Ricky

Ashlee & Ricky Member

Okay thanks so much!!!

JoshH likes this.
  5. JoshH

JoshH Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

No problem, salifert are pretty reasonably priced between those options. BRS did a video comparison between the three for ease of use, cost per test and accuracy. I'm sure it would be an easy video to find on there site look in the BRS investigates section of BRS Tv

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted