MY CORALS ARE DYING AFTER PRAZI

Trueruby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everybody,

I actually posted here that my corals were loosing colour after prazi treatment.

after couple days, my xenias and zoas are vanished. Polyp corals about to vanish too. Many of them are dying. First the small corals died. Now big ones like leather corals they also started to give brown skin on their skins. Lps corals lost coral( I brought them to my friend) also. Some mushrooms corals are died and some lost colour completelly. My prazi was solved in solvent that led bacterial bloom. And now my nitrate is 1 ppm phospate 0.18 ppm.
I feel desperate. Any help would be nice
Thanks.

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure its not because you have no nitrate? Prazi doesn't harm corals (maybe it can if its overdosed or it is in some unsafe form but I have no clue about the second). Do you feed the corals daily and if so what food?

OP
OP
Trueruby

Trueruby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure its not because you have no nitrate? Prazi doesn't harm corals. Do you feed the corals daily and if so what food?
Well, actually What I am thinking they are dying because of no nitrate. After bacterial bloom my nitrate went to 1 ppm. Then first dies started. I do feed amino acids once per 2 days. aquaforest vitality, amino mix and growth boost.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazi kills worms. This means, depending on the species, it could be killing worms in your tank that in turn are releasing toxins that are killing the corals. This is the number one reason I won't dump praziquantel into my tank and instead put it in very tiny doses into the fish food and dose over several days.

OP
OP
Trueruby

Trueruby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the fritz monstor may have taken all of the nitrate away from the corals
That’s also another suspecious thing. Just a
Prazi kills worms. This means, depending on the species, it could be killing worms in your tank that in turn are releasing toxins that are killing the corals. This is the number one reason I won't dump praziquantel into my tank and instead put it in very tiny doses into the fish food and dose over several days.
ı liked the idea about giving with food.
but Its late for me that already lost many corals

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Prazi doesn't seem to bother spaghetti worms, bristle worms, and feather dusters. I think the dose would have to be very high to kill those.

OP
OP
Trueruby

Trueruby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazi doesn't seem to bother spaghetti worms, bristle worms, and feather dusters. I think the dose would have to be very high to kill those.
When I followed 2.5mg\L it did not killed any bristle or feathers.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworms and others are the ones that usually release toxins. Wouldn't take much to start a domino effect.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back