My Current QT Process

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks
So your entire QT process would be for 42 days then? Assuming you feed GC soaked foods for 14 days correct? Also can I add GC to my food mix and freeze, or would that render the GC useless?

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks
So your entire QT process would be for 42 days then? Assuming you feed GC soaked foods for 14 days correct?
Are you using a single tank or transferring after 14 days of therapeutic copper or CP?

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those that use copper power, have you had to continue dosing after reaching therapeutic levels in order to maintain those levels? With cupramine I had to dose almost daily to maintain. Now with copper power I haven’t had to and it’s been over a week since hitting therapeutic.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local fish stores & amazon. I only see the packets.
Which medication are you trying to find? I have to order almost everything online. Some of the meds come from the actual manufacturer.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which medication are you trying to find? I have to order almost everything online. Some of the meds come from the actual manufacturer.
I am looking for metroplex & focus & api general cure in more bulk than the tiny containers. I am just starting out as my clowns are having issues so I don't know if those small packages have enough medication.

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for metroplex & focus & api general cure in more bulk than the tiny containers. I am just starting out as my clowns are having issues so I don't know if those small packages have enough medication.
A pack of API General Cure comes with like 10 packets. Each packet should last awhile for just a couple clowns.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is bulk General Cure. I buy in bulk.

If you are using a small 10g QT the packets will give you enough doses for a couple rounds of QT dosing the water and there is plenty for adding to food.
If you are just treating food the focus is plenty for several batches of QT I have never bought focus in bulk.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is bulk General Cure. I buy in bulk.

If you are using a small 10g QT the packets will give you enough doses for a couple rounds of QT dosing the water and there is plenty for adding to food.
If you are just treating food the focus is plenty for several batches of QT I have never bought focus in bulk.
Thank you!

I am nervous and overwhelmed with starting out this process as I don't wanna mix medications that my fish will just die. I have read just about every sticky on this thread so I think I am ready to try.

I will be trying to mix metroplex & focus to begin on my clowns and than do a water change after a week and administer general cure. Can I be using cupramine the entire time?

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quit using metroplex, the potency is fairly diluted. I starting using pharmaceutical grade metronidazole from Fishman. It is MUCH more effective. They only sell it in bulk though and for a hobbyist treating a few fish here or there it may not make sense to purchase.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quit using metroplex, the potency is fairly diluted. I starting using pharmaceutical grade metronidazole from Fishman. It is MUCH more effective. They only sell it in bulk though and for a hobbyist treating a few fish here or there it may not make sense to purchase.

Yeah I won't be purchasing that! I would be burying that with me in my grave. Metroplex it is for now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back