rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's correct! Fell in love with Birdnest corals and couldn't pass up the Blue Zing Birdnest when I saw it and read about it on LaZy's site. Being an aquacultured specimen, it's one of the faster growers in my tank! Great eye for spotting it ;)

Thank you! Appreciate the kind words. I'm itching to try an ELOS 70 or 120 Diamond Series one day, it's dangerous... getting the tape measure out and already eyeing corners in the house to see where I may be able to fit an upgrade one day :D

Thank you! Really looking forward to seeing your system up and running!

Yep, I switched from the Hydra 32HD + Reef Brite XHO's to Radion G5 Blue + Reef Brite XHO's in July 2021. Switch was primarily due to the need for spread. I actually quite liked the Hydra 32HD setup with Reef Brites, but I was getting too much shading throughout the scape with the puck systems. Also, I'm not a big fan of glass mounted light brackets (like the HMS setup), and have always wanted to make the upgrade to 8020 fixed to the stand so that the glass wasn't bearing any weight... figured to knock two birds with one stone with the upgrade earlier this year.

IA6A3556.JPG
Nice. Top tier lighting for sure. I am setting up my tank right now and ended up screwing my HMS mount to the wall for my hydra 26 because I couldn't attach it to the glass due in my AIO, skimmer in the way.

Sweet Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your ELOS the newer model with the dial overflow adjustment or the older one without? I have the one without ans oh boy it is so so loud, sounds like a toilet draining... Any tips?

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Officially retired the ELOS MIDI Feb-2023

Noticed separation on front pane silicone in Jan-2023 and in a month it progressively worsened. Didn’t want to take a risk for a seam failure so this system was retired.

RIP Sep-2020 to Jan-2023

Was a great run!
97E0A17B-8A47-49D2-8647-C9551B88C7C5.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back