My first aquarium (Nano)

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, i wasnt aware the pods needed a large space to breed, i thought the back sump from the aio would have been good enough :(

well the thing is they don't need much space to breed but they need a lot of food to maintain a growing population since they will be getting eaten at the same time. I'm wanting to eventually do the same thing in same size tank but it's going to require a separate refugium dedicated to microalgae and copepods. Copepods love algae but as tank owners we don't like algae in the display, that's the problem with small tanks

OP
OP
actik

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the thing is they don't need much space to breed but they need a lot of food to maintain a growing population since they will be getting eaten at the same time. I'm wanting to eventually do the same thing in same size tank but it's going to require a separate refugium dedicated to microalgae and copepods. Copepods love algae but as tank owners we don't like algae in the display, that's the problem with small tanks
Thanks you for the response after doing some more research I had found even with algae barns captive raised mandarins I would have a big upkeep to keep him fed, so I decided to put the dream on hold for now until I upgrade 1 day :)

Synner Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is coming along quite nicely. I'm super jealous you have a clown! I want one so bad. Yea i'm considering a ATO myself. Need to talk with a friend more about it. She has shared a ton of feedback with me. Few weeks back i had natural pod growth! I was like , WHAT??? I imagine if you have pods going, its good to keep a refugium? Not sure how to spell that word. Get Cheato growing and pods live in that and reproduce. Getting a dragonette would be killer. Loving the tank @actik

OP
OP
actik

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sooo... i wasn't very happy with my hard scape so i had a redo. Ordered 20 lbs of shaped life rock i was so excited it took 3 weeks to get here... dont ask why, when it finally arrived this morning i was devastated UPS did not handle with care at all... ha ha. They would replace the rocks they broke but i would have to pay for the expensive shipping again, no thank you haha. Winged it with what broken pieces i had, i think it came out pretty nice :) cant wait to get my little gobies and watch them perch all over :p

53911516_801867760160038_6305671985267474432_n.jpg
53685644_312488489463333_6871261058653224960_n.jpg

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great lots of swimming room and water flow room

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 119 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back