OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't run socks, floss or pads, as mentioned above, corals like nutrients and "bits" in the water, I keep gorgs and dendros now, the dendros get fed a liquid food first thing in the morning and are growing and have pe virtually all day. ;)

I love your tank and gorgs it helped me decide to get them for my tank so I’m liking the idea more and more

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so i experienced my first live @WWC sale. Got super caught up in it and bought some things i have been wanting and probably bought some things i haven't..haha... Worst part is i thought i bought some things i found out later i didn't...so here we go in order of buy... starts out a little slow but remember its a big tank that has been going now for 8 months it was time to put all this equipment to use. What's more I think my work travel schedule will be calming down a bit so i will have time to dote over them before the arrival of grandchildren number 3 and 4.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1564393256147.png

Clementines Zoanthids buy. Just trying to get my click and pay fingers warmed to see how it works before the real competition with @Hemmdog and @Bleigh started. #ruthless # fun

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC Queen Midas Zoanthids the clementines were only 35 these moved up a bit to 45. I thought Id let you know who much things were in case you were interested to participate in one of these live sales in the future or just comparing the open market. I went for things i liked the look and were in my minds eye for the scape of the tank. BTW these are not my photos obviously they are the ones from the sale and @WWC website What a great event by the way. Quite invigorating and addictive.

1564393604411.png

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunny Ds Zoanthids 55 but later i bought the same dang thing for 44.. i had click fever and couldn't hold back. Or maybe it just proves i really liked the look of these ones for my soon to be secret "zoa" garden. When the kids were all little and still let daddy read to them we use to have this thing ... if a kid movie came out that was also a book we would read the book first and then go watch the movie. One of the first ones we did that with was "the secret garden". So i decided (their adult input) to have a little "under the se'a"cret garden". corny but it works in my head.

1564393754108.png

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the kids were all little and still let daddy read to them we use to have this thing ... if a kid movie came out that was also a book we would read the book first and then go watch the movie.
Love this.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neon Hammer 55
So some of the ones i wanted coming into this sale ...Hammer, frogspawn, acro and torch. general i know but i wanted to just feel the pieces not be too specific with all these made up names i wanted to get the whole gestalt of the tank as it came to me.
1564394148317.png

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so at this point the addiction is setting in and i have lost control of my ability to say NO. @Hemmdog is now subconsciously egging me on and i remember a little side challenge we considered and it figure i have to jump into the game and grab some sticks...I start small and let us see how fast it grows (figuratively during the sale and literally in my tank)

WWC Green Austera Acropora 38 of course the large colonies look wayyyy better

1564394461419.png

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so at this point im well over $200 into this thing and I was really only logging in to see what it was all about. I had patients showing up in horse and buggy off and on as well as i had to mix and pour about 500 pounds of concrete for my bridge im re-building in addition to 5 acres of grass to cut before leaving for Chicago in the morning. Then this thing pops up and i have to try to get it...

WWC Hyper Pink Acropora 104 the colony pics were gorgeousssss. Now @Hemmdog is starting to cat call from the wings about my nitrates and the age of my tank being able to support this new habit... lol

1564394824382.png

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now im looking for the wisdom and strength to know what to do what to buy how to get out..where is my torch where is my frogspawn are those zoas worth it dont i need some blue... help i need an answer and along comes this...

WWC Yoda Acropora 68 and who/what better to give me the wisdom and strength to go on and let it happen as organically as a carrot at Whole Food... Thank you jedi master!!

1564395123782.png

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now im looking for the wisdom and strength to know what to do what to buy how to get out..where is my torch where is my frogspawn are those zoas worth it dont i need some blue... help i need an answer and along comes this...

WWC Yoda Acropora 68 and who/what better to give me the wisdom and strength to go on and let it happen as organically as a carrot at Whole Food... Thank you jedi master!!

1564395123782.png
What the Phantom Menace...? That thing must glow in the dark!

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at this point i was bouncing back and forth between @Bleigh cajoling me to go see my patients bc they were turning blue (just so she could get her Lich King) and catching up on @Katrina71 triumphant return with Hippie kid and no sooner this one comes up...it called my name and in honor of Hippie Kid i bought it...

WWC Hippie Juice Acropora 87 some purple to go with my green and pink

1564395355254.png

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the frenzy of day one continues with the introduction of this next little namesake of the ring tailed lemur animation. not sure if it is named after the KJ the XII (cowardly) or KJ the XIII (party animal) only time in the tank will tell...

WWC King Julien Acropora 87

1564395699641.png

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this run i was on was mostly adrenaline and addiction..dopamine was getting squeezed from every pore on this body. I would click something and somehow it would go through and I would "win" it. The makers of this game thrive on us calling it winning! We pay for it ...was the Chicago Sox scandal back in the day considered winning? I think not. lest i digress look at this beauty. The colony is astounding ... oh the joy if i ever grow this little guy into one of those colonies...

WWC Sour Punch Acropora 139

1564396165786.png

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back