1   0   0
Awesome congrats!

DrBoxedWine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work! Just wondering, what's the end game with raising clowns? I'm sure this varies by area, but how much do local stores typically pay for baby clowns? How long do you raise them before selling?

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just doing this for fun right now. I would guess 3 months to be a minimum with raising the clowns before selling. I haven't talked about it to any local shops just yet until i know I've got this down 100%. I think you're right about prices varying by area and definately by clown type but probably not very much

Ryan2428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U let me know when u r ready I got a empty 29 doing nothing but moving water lol

Ryan2428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes what they said I am in no hury and don't think I am pushing it take ur time if u feal over whelmed by it no biggie just think it is awesome to c it from start to finish and then get two is all so no pressure take ur time please

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rob and everyone! I'm not the type of person to do anything without a bunch of reading and research so i won't be jumping the gun. Newbi, I'll have you in mind when the time comes if you're still interested.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so far its been mega rewarding! If I have luck with these fish i will definately be doing more pairs.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update 16dph
Almost half have their first stripe and 2 are working on their second.
clownfryday16_zps89d22aa0.jpg

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 19dph
I was able to get a good picture of the fry today. Definately a lot of growth at this point. With the exception of a few babies just about everyone has a very defined first and second stripe. At this point I'm almost completely switched over to dry foods. Last night I had my 2nd hatch and spent a while collecting as many as I could. Its still a little early to tell because I'm Keeping them in darkness currently but the number of larvae collected and alive is greater than the last. I'll try and get some pictures of the new hatch in a day or so when they settle in.
clownfishfryday19_zpsdc8b94bf.jpg

RocketCityReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Following along...

Update 19dph
I was able to get a good picture of the fry today. Definately a lot of growth at this point. With the exception of a few babies just about everyone has a very defined first and second stripe. At this point I'm almost completely switched over to dry foods. Last night I had my 2nd hatch and spent a while collecting as many as I could. Its still a little early to tell because I'm Keeping them in darkness currently but the number of larvae collected and alive is greater than the last. I'll try and get some pictures of the new hatch in a day or so when they settle in.
clownfishfryday19_zpsdc8b94bf.jpg

christ1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is super cool. I have a pair of Picasso clowns, They have been together for about 10 months and they still fight each other. Occasionally i catch them swimming together but they mostly do a dominance shake/vibration. One host a tri color bubble tip or a flower pot goni.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 10 months I would think you're not too far off from a bonded pair. If it makes you feel better my clowns are 5 years old and have been together pretty much that whole time and only fairly recently did they start laying. Late bloomers

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pictures. Very cool. Impressive.

Back