My First Coral!

ChrisKSB

King of GHA Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
344 Days of fun (...and pain, and anger, and frustration) with this tank, I finally purchased my first coral! It is not what I was looking for - but it is what happened. I was really looking to purchase a Euphelia (Frogspawn or Hammer??). I was buying some CUC and just wanted that free shipping...they really get you there don't they? I didn't find anything I was actually actively looking for, but then saw an Elegance Coral [Elegance Coral, Pink/Purple Tip (Australia)]. QUICK - YouTube for an hour.... OK, I think this will be OK, maybe worried about my snails??? ...but this isn't a snail tank, as much as I LOVE my snails!

Please give me any of your thoughts or suggestions on the Elegance Coral...wish me luck! I went slow, my params are all in good order, my GHA is still staring me in the eye...but I am winning at this point (knock on wood)!

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have GHA your test could be miss reads. On nitrate and phosphate because it is bound in the algae and if algae dies and is not harvested it will release back into the water/ it's uptake is faster than what you can test for. Just my two cents.
For the coral congrats they are pretty hardy I suggest acclimation to light bottom of tank.
If you are looking for great euphilla go-to
Cherrycorals.com you won't regret it my whole tank is cherry coral stocked.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elegance coral was my first coral (back right of the photo)! They're quite hardy and easy to keep. The only thing though is they will likely sting and kill your snails over time. I've had mine for a year, and its probably killed about 15+ snails since haha.

1611466111806.png

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back