My first pic

  • Thread starter Thread starter K1Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

K1Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Location
South Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took this pic of a small frag today using my Canon T1i on standard lens. I have very basic camera experience but decided to give it a try (without a tripod of course or macro lens...hence the blurr lol ). I took this in manual mode 1/15 F7.1 ... I set the white balance by placing a white object under the current tank light. I was wondering , due to the light changes in tank , intensity , color etc ... do you have to adjust the white balance every time you are going to take pictures ? Also , i know my sand is black, but how do i know i have the right color ? any help or comments are appreciated!! Thanks




IMG_2577.jpg
 
Not a bad pic, what lighting do you have? I am considering going with black sand, how long have you had the black sand?
 
Thank You, for now i have the AI SOL Blue Leds , two modules. We'll see how it goes with corals in the future. The small frags i have in thier now seem to be ok at the current settings. I started the tank with the black sand, just over couple of weeks. One of my friends has black sand also and i thought it made corals and fish colors stand out.
 
I think that's a great start! Very nice.
 
Thank You !! .... I hope to practice some more when I have more fish and coral. Hopefully I can sneak in a macro lens purchase in-between fish buys.
;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new