OP
D

Donald Beckwith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know i have not posted in a while but a quick little update. I had a large outbreak of cyano and it killed most of my sps that was doing really good and growing before hand which is really sad. I have since gotten it under some control and am now starting to use RODI water. One of my mistakes was using my city water and i think that was the major cause of the cyano. I also got a rainbow bubble tip anemone this week. I got him on a rock and placed it in the DT as i do not have a QT setup. I then noticed multiple aptaisia on the rock and pulled it out immediately. I then worked to break apart the rock and massage the foot to get it to release. I then placed the anenome in the tank and found it to be stressed as expected. The tips looked almost deflated. I then checked in on it the next day and it found a sps and opened up to a nice size about a baseball size. I am unsure what i will be doing next but i think i will just enjoy it for now and try to keep everything stable.

OP
OP
D

Donald Beckwith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt like I got a nice picture today and figured I'd add it to the build. I am excited to say my xinia is looking amazing as well as one of my zoas. My 2 hammers have doubled their head counts since I got them and the frog spawn has added another head as well. The bta is now showing longer sweepers instead of the bubbles and I am very excited. The clowns are not hosting in it currently but I am hopeful they will soon.
20200305_165609 ajusted.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back