My first saltwater aquarium

Urka

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2023
Messages
41
Reaction score
113
Location
Mount Prospect
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some pics of my progress so far.
Added PVC corners to the tank; made the Aquascape; made the covers from a window screen kit.
IMG_20231128_090053.jpg
 
off to a clean start! would love to hear about your equipment and livestock plans.
 
Off to a great start! Following along!
 
Looking great! What size is the tank? What are you thinking of using for your cycle?
It's a 75 Gallon Tank. I started a fishless cycle a couple of weeks ago using Dr. Tim's bacteria and ammonia. I am at the point where ammonia is processed within 24 hrs but Nitrite and Nitrate are still present
 
Looking great! What size is the tank? What are you thinking of using for your cycle?

off to a clean start! would love to hear about your equipment and livestock plans.
OASE Indoor Aquatics Biomaster Thermo 350 canister filter, icekap 4k gyre, and Fluval Marine reef 3.0 led light. I am going to start with 2 clownfish, 1 fire fish, 1 banggai cardinalfish, 1 royal gramma, and 1 azure damselfish.
 
Welcome to the reef.
 
Well, it's day 26 of the fishless cycle and the Nitrite level is still at 5. I am beginning to wonder if I am doing anything wrong
 
Since I don't have any fish in the tank yet, I decided to add some above the tank
You can stop there and save a lot of money. Looks great!
 
I finally see the nitrites coming down!!! Going to get the tank to the right temp and salinity, and buy my first couple of fish the first week of the new year. Can't wait!
 
Welcome to R2R!! Yeah the first fish are always exciting!! What kind of fish are you thinking? My first were 2 clowns!
 
Just some pics of my progress so far.
Added PVC corners to the tank; made the Aquascape; made the covers from a window screen kit.
IMG_20231128_090053.jpg
Awesome dude! Cant wait to see update pictures. And welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Since I don't have any fish in the tank yet, I decided to add some above the tank
That artwork above the tank really compliments your tank!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new