OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was he thinking I'm you or something, not sure what I walked into but I've seen this guy on here before going a bit nutty, just look at the rubble wall LOL
I got a lot of compliments on the rubble wall. I’m sorry you don’t like it. I’m really hurt.

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I bet
I did. I thought you were this guy

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I bet
This:
You can’t what? Tell the difference between journalism and propaganda? Breitbart isn’t news. They don’t conform to any standard of journalistic integrity or ethics and have extreme bias. There’s a lot more I would like to say, but I’m sure it would be deemed political (though IMO stating facts isn’t political). All I’ll say is that the coverage you mentioned that won the Pulitzer was not fake news.

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's OK it's your system, and probably one of a kind, what is the goal for the rocks on the wall, does it serve a purpose or just for looks
It’s actually an outrageously good medium for denitrification. It allows me to run zero nitrates even though I feed my corals heavily and my sand stays pristine

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's OK it's your system, and probably one of a kind, what is the goal for the rocks on the wall, does it serve a purpose or just for looks
Some of my collection

58ECD98D-0117-4782-845D-077FDFF3DEB0.jpeg B6D3F817-29A5-4FC6-A517-AC1D20D0F062.jpeg 08AB3955-63D7-48ED-AF94-601E0A4737BC.jpeg 7461D193-6DF8-4556-9A92-4465CD02AF6B.jpeg 9D748B4A-D84C-450E-9B58-E02D5515FC53.jpeg CC437247-8813-4B92-BE13-E693A9397AF0.jpeg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a lot of compliments on the rubble wall. I’m sorry you don’t like it. I’m really hurt.
I'm not gunna blow smoke up ya, I don't like it sorry, there's plenty of ways to accomplish low nitrates with out adding rocks and plastic to the back wall for possible falling objects, and decreasing overall tank depth. Ive never seen anyone do this successfully but it could be a first..It reminds me of a countertop mosaic backsplash, and looks very unnatural to me as most reef tanks already look unnatural. Plus it's just going to get covered in coraline algae, possibly. I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze on that, but thats what's great about this biz what I think doesn't matter, it's in your house so if you like it that's all that does matter. That's my opinion, no more than that ;)

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not gunna blow smoke up ya, I don't like it sorry, there's plenty of ways to accomplish low nitrates with out adding rocks and plastic to the back wall for possible falling objects, and decreasing overall tank depth. Ive never seen anyone do this successfully but it could be a first..It reminds me of a countertop mosaic backsplash, and looks very unnatural to me as most reef tanks already look unnatural. Plus it's just going to get covered in coraline algae, possibly. I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze on that, but thats what's great about this biz what I think doesn't matter, it's in your house so if you like it that's all that does matter. That's my opinion, no more than that ;)
Wait, what are you guys talking about? What’s a rock wall?

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not gunna blow smoke up ya, I don't like it sorry, there's plenty of ways to accomplish low nitrates with out adding rocks and plastic to the back wall for possible falling objects, and decreasing overall tank depth. Ive never seen anyone do this successfully but it could be a first..It reminds me of a countertop mosaic backsplash, and looks very unnatural to me as most reef tanks already look unnatural. Plus it's just going to get covered in coraline algae, possibly. I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze on that, but thats what's great about this biz what I think doesn't matter, it's in your house so if you like it that's all that does matter. That's my opinion, no more than that
Very nice, looks like algae is creeping up
Where?

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s already covered in coraline. You see my avatar? That’s the tank now. I’ll take another picture for you. Here’s a picture taken just now.

1BA366F7-8F85-4B62-9246-BAA29FF4777D.jpeg

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks very natural. It looks like the side of a reef wall. My gramma loves it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back