My forum recommendations - video feature removal

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my suggestion: remove the function that allows members to upload videos from their camera roll directly to the forum.

90% of reefers (including @Jay Hemdal ) cannot view the videos members post through the forum, and it complicates the fish diagnostic process because the OP thinks we can see it.

For fish emergencies, we need members to post the video correctly the first time, if not, they need to use the photo feature instead as that’s better than an unavailable video

Another alternative is to figure out why the video function isn’t working and to fix that issue.

Thanks.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here’s my suggestion: remove the function that allows members to upload videos from their camera roll directly to the forum.

90% of reefers (including @Jay Hemdal ) cannot view the videos members post through the forum, and it complicates the fish diagnostic process because the OP thinks we can see it.

For fish emergencies, we need members to post the video correctly the first time, if not, they need to use the photo feature instead as that’s better than an unavailable video

Another alternative is to figure out why the video function isn’t working and to fix that issue.

Thanks.
What browser are they not showing up in? I've not had any trouble viewing them in Google Chrome.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally use safari, but a lot of members also have trouble seeing them.
Can you try a different browser? I believe safari was the one giving people issues. Try Chrome and see if it works.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, for me, they never work on my phone. I can almost always see them on the computer, but let's be honest, my company tracks what I do on my laptop but not my phone, so 90% of the time, when I am on here, it's on the phone.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched the google chrome (on iPhone) and the issue still persists.

67E39B76-32B0-400D-8F97-D97FB6CD2432.png
90C1B9E7-3708-4DCA-8B5C-B11472B4EEED.png

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use safari on my phone and they never work. Chrome on my phone is a 50/50 shot. The YouTube videos show just fine though in either browser. My laptop I use Firefox and have no issues

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back