My Foxface Eats Bristleworms!

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I didn’t see it with my own eyes I would have never believed it. I’m watching my foxface nipping around the rocks like it always does and noticed it really digging into my zoas which worried me for a second until I saw what it was pulling out. It was hunting bristle worms, not little micro ones either, 1-2 inch suckers! I had no idea they were capable of diversifying their diets that much. It is by no means underfed so this caught me by surprise. And it apparently has perfected its hunting techniques because now that I’m paying attention I am noticing how it looks for them between the coral and rocks, pulls them out, repositions them and down the hatch they go. Anybody else ever see this?
image.jpg

Of course when you’re trying to catch it on camera it never happens!

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you just caused some weird karma because I swear not 5 seconds after reading this post I saw my seahorse behaving weirdly with a bristleworm in its mouth. I got the vid on my iPhone and will upload it if I can

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me see if this vid uploads I’ll try to cross post over in seahorses as I’ve never seen this either. thanks

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me see if this vid uploads I’ll try to cross post over in seahorses as I’ve never seen this either. thanks
Try to upload it to YouTube and then post a link to it here. I'd love to see that!

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I didn’t see it with my own eyes I would have never believed it. I’m watching my foxface nipping around the rocks like it always does and noticed it really digging into my zoas which worried me for a second until I saw what it was pulling out. It was hunting bristle worms, not little micro ones either, 1-2 insuckers! I had no idea they were capable of diversifying their diets that much. It is by no means underfed so this caught me by surprise. And it apparently has perfected its hunting techniques because now that I’m paying attention I am noticing how it looks for them between the coral and rocks, pulls them out, repositions them and down the hatch they go. Anybody
Try to upload it to YouTube and then post a link to it here. I'd love to see that!
here is the raw link

lemme see if it post as a vid
naw don’t work ...sorry folks :oops:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back