Not open for further replies.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to keep everyone confused:

I have had great experience with Kessil hardware (even after a swim) but no touches with their CS.

I have had great experience with Ecotech CS and all aspects of Ecotech hardware. My exception has been with ReefLink maintaining connections with the ancient G1 lights so I am not expecting much sympathy.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juat an update but the vectra M1 also failed at less than two years old. I guess I dropped it into my tank too or maybe it just wasn't meant for saltwater. :rolleyes: Luckily I had a spare return pump to get me by until I could replace it with a neptune Cor15. Couldn't be happier with the cor15 and being able to monitor it with my apex.

Screenshot_20191227-190135_Apex Fusion.jpg

I have a Cor20 running two 80G frag tanks external and so far I am very impressed. I have to put my fingers in front of the nozzles to prove to myself the thing is running.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty obvious. You create a light with a mount that has the light about a foot over a huge tank full of saltwater and then you add a fan pointing straight down to suck up any moisture that rises. I may not be an engineer but neither was the person that created the lights for Ecotech I can assure you of that, ha.

I think you have your customer service answer. Cut the person some slack. Designing lights and answering emails is tough

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I still own 5 mp40's and a reeflink so I'm still hopeful.

It could just be the power supply on the M1. Luckily I was at home when it went out and was able to use my salt mixing pump as a backup.

I agree the Cor15 is completely silent. I may think hard about adding a second Cor15 just for redundancy.

Also I appreciate everyone's opinions regarding ecotech and how awesome they are. For that I say "Have a very blessed day" ;)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Juat an update but the vectra M1 also failed at less than two years old. I guess I dropped it into my tank too or maybe it just wasn't meant for saltwater. :rolleyes: Luckily I had a spare return pump to get me by until I could replace it with a neptune Cor15. Couldn't be happier with the cor15 and being able to monitor it with my apex.

Screenshot_20191227-190135_Apex Fusion.jpg
yes you were lucky

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#MODS Is there any chance this thread can be locked? My intentions were never meant to be taken personal and I apologize to those that took it that way.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 62 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back