My lil reef

U

User1

View Badges
Hi Rick, I have a question but first off I want to say that I've been planning/researching starting my first reef tank for the past 2 1/2 yrs (long story but basically life happened) and I really admire your tank & approach to reef keeping!

I was wondering if you use the USB adapter kit and optional programming with your Panta Rheis?

Have a good Thanksgiving (hope your dad and rest of your family are doing well :)

This is Nico, 3rd GS but first "working-line" and major alpha!
IMG_2414.jpeg

Pretty dog. Here is our GSD coming in from the back yard playing.

1606360159713.png

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rick, I have a question but first off I want to say that I've been planning/researching starting my first reef tank for the past 2 1/2 yrs (long story but basically life happened) and I really admire your tank & approach to reef keeping!

I was wondering if you use the USB adapter kit and optional programming with your Panta Rheis?

Have a good Thanksgiving (hope your dad and rest of your family are doing well :)

This is Nico, 3rd GS but first "working-line" and major alpha!
IMG_2414.jpeg

He‘s an awesome looking GSD! I have the USB programmer thing, but I have never used it honestly. I’m sure it’s great though, I just got way too lazy to try it out. Lol. Horrible I know.

Thank you I could probably work a little harder on the reef these days but the hobby tends to wax and wane for me at times. Fortunately when I set this one up I tried to make things simple for me so I could be a lazy reefer some times, and I’ll be honest, it happens probably more often than I care to admit.

Last edited:

Petesreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He‘s an awesome looking GSD! I have the USB programmer thing, but I have never used it honestly. I’m sure it’s great though, I just got way too lazy to try it out. Lol. Horrible I know.

Thank you I could probably work a little harder on the reef these days but the hobby tends to wax and wane for me at times. Fortunately when I set this one up I tried to make things simple for me so I could be a lazy reefer some times, and I’ll be honest, it happens probably more often than I care to admit.
That's exactly what I like about following your build thread - you're honest and pragmatic with obvious success! Thanks

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing and very comfortable. Beautiful :). My wife says so to :). Hope you don't mind as I was also showing the sleeping location :). Glad to see we are not the only one who has a dedicated chair or share one with our best friends!!!
It used to be my chair, but someone claimed it for their own. He has a futon chair thats folded down for a bed, but he seems to enjoy curling up in the recliner more at night. So who am I to argue with him. I’m just happy when he’s happy. :)

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just gotta let it cook a little longer! ;Hilarious
Any more cooking and you might have to just eat it !!! Honestly does anybody realize you have probably the largest colony of home wrecker ever recorded lol !!

I want to start a poll with how much someone would be willing to pay for the entire colony . Assumption is it will be alive in your tank which is almost not possible but still...

I bet a Tesla downpayment is not out of question here !

Even better - Panta Rhei and uniquecorals should make you their ambassador . If you want to grow HW at size of basket ball and pay for your Tesla - buy Panta Rheis

@Anirban ^^^

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, Rick
She sure is a prized specimen... ;Woot ;Woot

Hope your having a nice Christmas

Thanks Freddie, it’s been a rollercoaster of a Christmas day, my father had to make a couple trips to the ER with prostate issues, but he’s home now, so hopefully he won’t have to go back again. It’s supposed to get below freezing for several hours here tonight so I’m also concerned about my well plumbing freezing as well as all the repipe in the attic that I had to pay a small fortune to have done recently. Fingers crossed I’m worried for nothing. Needless to say, I‘m really ready for 2020 to be over with, I’ve had enough.

I hope you and the family had a good Christmas, it’s been a tough one for lots of folks this year I’m sure. Thank you for thinking of me.

Some good news is I managed to get my Oxygen system up and running on wednesday after 7 hours of troubleshooting with the company. But it seems to be working like it is supposed to now (knock on wood). One step closer to firing up the glass torch. I need to run my annealing Kiln on a test run, but I’m almost afraid to, for fear of having more issues. Right now I suppose it’s Schrodinger’s Kiln LOL, I just don’t know. If it works like it is suppose to I have a bunch more work to do, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
BB9EEF17-7040-4B0C-A9B6-4E56BC82A937.jpeg

I smoked a standing rib roast for Christmas dinner, which I shared with my parents, which worked out well since they spent a significant part of the day at the ER and probably wouldn’t have had a dinner. It turned out AMAZING, almost no chewing required LOL
D5FBE8B1-3371-4458-9856-DFB676B352C4.jpeg
4B06F247-1A7F-442F-8F9B-0ECDDC614B6D.jpeg

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick,
Just saw your temp forecast. If it holds (without any severe windchill) your plumbing show not freeze up. You could always turn on a sink,
with a slow stream to help keep your water on the move.

Sorry about your father and hope things are alright for him.

That Oxygen system for your glass work looks super nice. It's going to be nice to be able to see your glass work when things finally pull together.

2020 sure has been a rough year for all of us, but fully understand that you wanted your glass shop to be rolling.

That bombing up here in Nashville this morning is crazy stuff!

Lol
After looking at your Christmas dinner... ;Wideyed going to heat up another plate.

After eating another plate, going to watch "The last of the Mohicans"

Thanks for being a good friend.

Petesreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Now I'm not sure what's more impressive - your reef tank (that home wrecker is insane) or your roast (mine turned out pretty well but I didn't get the nice crispy outside like yours seems to have)! I can't wait to see how your glass work turns out although I suspect it will be amazing as well :)

Also, thanks for reminding me what's really important at the holidays - family and being a good son!

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Now I'm not sure what's more impressive - your reef tank (that home wrecker is insane) or your roast (mine turned out pretty well but I didn't get the nice crispy outside like yours seems to have)! I can't wait to see how your glass work turns out although I suspect it will be amazing as well :)

Also, thanks for reminding me what's really important at the holidays - family and being a good son!

Thanks Pete, that made me smile. I hope you and your family have a blessed new year!

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for following along with my thread this year (and previous years). I hope you and your families have a Happy, safe, New Years.

I had to celebrate today with some ribs lol. More tank pics to come I promise lol
7EEE5AE6-1BDA-46AF-BBAD-1C3FF68F76D8.jpeg
C1098D55-ED0E-4C4B-A261-6420F65C39F3.jpeg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Freddie! I mowed the lawn today so that was good! I hope y’all had a great New Years Day!

It's been a nice weekend, Rick

Saw WWC had a (New Year's Eve) 30% off sale on Thursday, have been on a hunt for a green slimer.

Took the time to call, then Christian took the time to post a frag on their website so I could see it.

Grabbed that $29 frag asap and logged out.

lol
Never hurts to ask WWC what they have behind the scenes.

Back