My lobo is dying

wrightreef1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I need help. I bought a lobophyllia at a lfs and after dipping it I placed it on the sand. Then my ******* watchman goby covered it in sand. When I blew the sand off it the next day I noticed the sand was sticking to the fleshy sections of the outside parts of it. Then the next day the fleshy parts were jelly like and flowing off. I iodine dipped it again and then put it back into my quarantine tank. It stood seams like it’s still receding. What else can I do?

58BA4525-2A9B-4266-8AC9-AEA30B9AF115.jpeg

Lukey2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I need help. I bought a lobophyllia at a lfs and after dipping it I placed it on the sand. Then my ******* watchman goby covered it in sand. When I blew the sand off it the next day I noticed the sand was sticking to the fleshy sections of the outside parts of it. Then the next day the fleshy parts were jelly like and flowing off. I iodine dipped it again and then put it back into my quarantine tank. It stood seams like it’s still receding. What else can I do?

Sorry to hear about that! It's so sad when things go bad fast. I have a few Lobos in my tank and when I first got them they looked great, then the next day they were receding, showing skeleton. One great tip I received was to make sure they are not in very much flow at all. My tank doesn't have powerful flow anyway, but I moved them to a spot where they basically get next to none, and from that day until now, they've been happy, looking great.

Also, I never dipped them....

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It can be brought back. Low flow lower light. I have mine on the sand bed in about 75 par. The flow is pretty low in that area.
October 2019

IMG_20191019_153724618_BURST000_COVER.jpg

20 Mar 2021
20210318_211341.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back