My Most Sought After Fish... Yours?

Dree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping a reef tank for roughly 8 years now. I have had potters angels, leopard wrasses, mandarin dragonettes, blue tangs, yellow tangs, blotchy anthias, sunburst anthias, cave basslets, and clownfish of course.

Currently, I have a pair of Rainsford Gobies and an ORA Yellow Assessor, who swims upside-down, yes.

My most sought after fish, of which I have already owned once in the past, but lost him to carpet surfing, is a Blue Spotted Jawfish (BSJ). Unfortunately, I have not seen a BSJ in my LFS here in SoFlo in at least 1.5 years. Has anyone seen them recently or know of a store that may have one that you can help link me up with and potentially ship? Anyone have any idea on why they're so scarce now?

Feel free to answer: What is your most sought after fish and why?

OP
OP
Dree

Dree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to keep an emperor angel or a clown trigger, but not taking chances with them eating coral or other fish. Maybe I'll have a second tank as a fowlr some day.
Clown Triggers are definitely on the must have list, maybe even those Cross Hatch Triggers (I think they're called).

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. Probably a tigerpyge hybrid angel, but haven’t seen a nice one in a long time. I’m still on a mission to have one from all the species of leopard wrasse, so some of those missing still. I’d also like to have one each of the four common Naso species, but a larger tank is necessary first.

OP
OP
Dree

Dree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. Probably a tigerpyge hybrid angel, but haven’t seen a nice one in a long time. I’m still on a mission to have one from all the species of leopard wrasse, so some of those missing still. I’d also like to have one each of the four common Naso species, but a larger tank is necessary first.
Would all species of leopard wrasses be okay in the same tank?

OP
OP
Dree

Dree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the blue/yellow lined wrasse - i dont know the name - but its "sell your kidney" level expensive - but beautiful
Lennardi Wrasse?
upload_2019-3-4_17-17-25.jpeg

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its beautiful in person too - the colors are super sharp and bright - the pictures dont lie in this case.
there are some lucky members on this forum who have a pair in their tank...

I am absolutely in love with this fish - just waaaaaaay out of my range.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its beautiful in person too - the colors are super sharp and bright - the pictures dont lie in this case.
there are some lucky members on this forum who have a pair in their tank...

I am absolutely in love with this fish - just waaaaaaay out of my range.
Same.. and here I was thinking I was pretty cool with my potters wrasse... lol

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dream fish for me is a pair of blue throat triggers in a big peninsula tank

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a wrasse affectionato I’ve had or have many species of Leopards, Tamarins, Fairies, Flashers and some of the more reef friendly Halio species, but this my dream wrasse when it makes it to our shores and I don’t have to take a loan for...
e90a97c551e4b6c1c720064edd38966d.jpg
[/QU
What kind of wrasse is that?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back