my new baby... AKA The Café

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning all... :)
after the first 100 tank breakdowns,you can do it with your eyes closed...;)
still a lot of work ,but quick...:)
Can confirm; saw it with my own eyes in the matter of a few hours. It was wild;Jawdrop I thought about it longer than it took to complete the whole job. Forever grateful;Joyful

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can confirm; saw it with my own eyes in the matter of a few hours. It was wild;Jawdrop I thought about it longer than it took to complete the whole job. Forever grateful;Joyful
You for sure watched the master at work.
. In February when I was driving to pick up the 120, he walked me through the whole thing step by step with pro tips the whole time.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone say pics....
Do Want I Need It GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Coming if they let me get a break today. Working way to much for a Monday :)
good morning all... :)
after the first 100 tank breakdowns,you can do it with your eyes closed...;)
still a lot of work ,but quick...:)
Good morning Frank! I hope to NEVER get that much experience breaking down a tank!!:p:p:p

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good to see you back on the thread @MERKEY!!
Never left....just busy with so much other stuff I don't have time to post like I'd want to :(

Here's a pic of the new filtration system for the house.

The guy on the island wasted 10k and never could get us usable water.

Said bye bye and went with culligan.

I will now make some darn good water hahah

Screenshot_20211010-092030_Drive.jpg

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I stopped at my LFS on Saturday to scout out possibilities for the future (corals/fish and custom orders) as well as check out current fish stock.
I took quite a few pictures, but almost all are very blued-out due to no color filter. This morning I forgot to bring my tablet to work to share pictures, so I'll have to do so later...
(I was using my tablet camera rather than my DSLR camera since it was more easily portable in my pocket and I was not sure if the owner would mind if I took pictures. Next time, I plan to take my camera with color filters and maybe even my tripod so I can get better pictures/videos)

...and they had a ~3" Fiji foxface, so I made the decision to attempt the pairing now even before my second one comes from LiveAquaria (hopefully coming tomorrow). This means that I will be putting 2 in my 125 and 1 in my 90 in the basement, which gives me a higher probability of a successful pairing (statistically speaking).
In the quarantine so far, the first (and slightly larger) foxface has been swimming around and shimmying next to the new foxface, but no aggression seems apparent. They seemed to be swimming together this morning and getting along. About the only way I could be more excited about them is if my 125 was already setup and ready for stocking!

Pictures/videos coming tomorrow...

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I stopped at my LFS on Saturday to scout out possibilities for the future (corals/fish and custom orders) as well as check out current fish stock.
I took quite a few pictures, but almost all are very blued-out due to no color filter. This morning I forgot to bring my tablet to work to share pictures, so I'll have to do so later...
(I was using my tablet camera rather than my DSLR camera since it was more easily portable in my pocket and I was not sure if the owner would mind if I took pictures. Next time, I plan to take my camera with color filters and maybe even my tripod so I can get better pictures/videos)

...and they had a ~3" Fiji foxface, so I made the decision to attempt the pairing now even before my second one comes from LiveAquaria (hopefully coming tomorrow). This means that I will be putting 2 in my 125 and 1 in my 90 in the basement, which gives me a higher probability of a successful pairing (statistically speaking).
In the quarantine so far, the first (and slightly larger) foxface has been swimming around and shimmying next to the new foxface, but no aggression seems apparent. They seemed to be swimming together this morning and getting along. About the only way I could be more excited about them is if my 125 was already setup and ready for stocking!

Pictures/videos coming tomorrow...

Because from what I have read it's not possible to visually sex them, I have been thinking of adding a small one to the twins with my big mag for months now, not built up the man plums to try it yet! ;)

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because from what I have read it's not possible to visually sex them, I have been thinking of adding a small one to the twins with my big mag for months now, not built up the man plums to try it yet! ;)
The main reason I am trying it (other than that I just really want a pair!) is because I am so early in my process before fish are large or established and I have options with the additional basement FOWLR.

At this point, my worst case with all 3 is that pairing is not successful and I keep 1 in the 125, 1 in the 90, and 1 gets sold back to the LFS at a loss or traded.

This week, I will have a second 40-breeder available for quarantine, so I can separate them if they do fight too soon. (1 in each 40-quarantine, possibly 1 in my current 75-FOWLR that will be transferred to the basement 90 when finished).

Your case may be much more difficult with a bigger size difference and that the larger one is already established. I personally would probably still try it, though, since I like foxfaces so much!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main reason I am trying it (other than that I just really want a pair!) is because I am so early in my process before fish are large or established and I have options with the additional basement FOWLR.

At this point, my worst case with all 3 is that pairing is not successful and I keep 1 in the 125, 1 in the 90, and 1 gets sold back to the LFS at a loss or traded.

This week, I will have a second 40-breeder available for quarantine, so I can separate them if they do fight too soon. (1 in each 40-quarantine, possibly 1 in my current 75-FOWLR that will be transferred to the basement 90 when finished).

Your case may be much more difficult with a bigger size difference and that the larger one is already established. I personally would probably still try it, though, since I like foxfaces so much!

I have three scopas tangs now, lost the xanthic yellow a few months back, reasons unknown, I'm not afraid to try things as even in 125 G water volume I can separate fish due to the design of the twins, I have given a few fish time outs in the cube end to let others settle. ;)

DSC_0360 (1024x408).jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So. I have some things coming out of QT or fallow.

Tailspot Blenny
very small Pinstripe Wrasse
Steinitz Goby
Lawnmower Blenny
Tiger Pistol Shrimp (Was in a 2.5g tank with some rock and a small power filter for 80 days)
and as Panther Grouper!!!!! (Only about 2" right now)

Panther grouper is for the macro tank until I get the 500 sealed. Rest are for the 32 biocube for the office. Will have some pics later.

Love the panther grouper though. It knows me and instantly comes up for food when I approach. Should be a nice addition to the macro, as I need the poo for the macros lol.

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!!!!

Exciting news..............

I am officially moving to Virginia Beach to start my new job in January!
Frank and I had a couple discussions about taking my fish with me.... But I am thinking about convincing my LFS to keep them for a month and ship them to me if I give them all my corals.

Either way I've been looking into purchasing a waterbox 180 once I move into the new home.... who knew they had 0% APR 36 month financing?!?! Hoping that Triton also does financing because geez louise... I need some automation up in my life. Maybe once I am settled in Virginia things will be less chaotic. But I know me and I know how I love to overload my plate ;Wacky

Oh--- also......

I'll be purchasing my first home when I move up there! Been saving for a while so...... though it was time to set some roots especially with the fact that I'll be 30 soon and have an actual career and not just a bartending job. Anyone know if I can put a 180gal on a foundation that has a crawl space? My current home is a slab, so I knew it would hold the 90gal. But I definitely have concerns about all that weight bearing.

All the exciting things. But first just have to wrap up the masters!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!!!!

Exciting news..............

I am officially moving to Virginia Beach to start my new job in January!
Frank and I had a couple discussions about taking my fish with me.... But I am thinking about convincing my LFS to keep them for a month and ship them to me if I give them all my corals.

Either way I've been looking into purchasing a waterbox 180 once I move into the new home.... who knew they had 0% APR 36 month financing?!?! Hoping that Triton also does financing because geez louise... I need some automation up in my life. Maybe once I am settled in Virginia things will be less chaotic. But I know me and I know how I love to overload my plate ;Wacky

Oh--- also......

I'll be purchasing my first home when I move up there! Been saving for a while so...... though it was time to set some roots especially with the fact that I'll be 30 soon and have an actual career and not just a bartending job. Anyone know if I can put a 180gal on a foundation that has a crawl space? My current home is a slab, so I knew it would hold the 90gal. But I definitely have concerns about all that weight bearing.

All the exciting things. But first just have to wrap up the masters!
Congrats!!!!!!!

Going to have to get up under the house and looks. May need bracing or may not. If it does, same priciple applies as if a basement, just shorter supports from ground to joists.

My house (part of it not slab), is crawl space. I have both of my 180s in there. I just took some 3'x3' pavers, laid them on the ground in a few spots and then used them to place the braces on. They are pretty much the base of the uprights to provide extra support. It was also cheap to do it. Couple 8' 4x4s cut to size, some pavers and a few hours getting nasty under the house lol.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back