97657426-557C-4946-BE09-440A9AD311E3.jpeg

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings fellow earthlings.

going to the orthopedist in a few hours. Hoping surgery won’t be needed but we’ll see.

as far as LFS trip went. I got some nori, a small skunk cleaner, and the kiddo got a decent sized mini colony of digi (10$ and covered in polyps, why not?)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don't lick, I just cleaned the glass and Frank licked it when I got it, doing big skirt stretches today. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x733).jpg

Day one with me and rotated 180 degrees earlier to look at this side, the bleaching behind is light starved bleaching and all flesh is intact so I need to be really make sure to get the angle correct when I mount it. ;)

DSC_0004 (1024x733).jpg

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all-------

Update on my life.

I "graduated" --- I dropped my masters thesis and got my MS with coursework only. The issues with the professor seemed too severe and was being drug out for way too long.
Losing the VA job because of it I was applying to jobs like crazy over the holidays. I oddly only got a couple inquiries. However, I am currently in process of accepting a job in Oakland, CA! If they accept my final counter offer... I will be in CA by the end of this month (yikes!) I should hear back by Monday- so fingers crossed and wish me the best of luck!

Also- with that being said I have completely neglected the fish tank the last two months. The only things ive done are clean the glass, refill the ATO, and feed the fish. The corals have absolutely suffered and I feel like a bad tank mom. I'm in process of selling everything. Im just hoping that it happens quickly. Do you all think I will get better luck with selling pieces or the whole system?
Congrats Alimac on the graduation. Sorry to hear you had soo much issues with the professor. Fingers crossed you get the job! As for selling, I think people usually make more money selling individual pieces but it take time and effort. Depending on how much time you have, selling all in one is always better since its once and done but in order to sell quickly, you will probably lose money.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, it has been quite some time since I have poked around here in great detail. Over the past year and a bit my love for R2R has wained significantly due to some goings on and ongoing issues I have had with the R2R team. I lost a lot of my desire to come on here, post and I fell out of touch with the community I used to call my reefing home. It didn't help that I did not recieve a Secret Santa gift this year, which while small certainly dampens the overall feel. I had forgotten that R2R is so much more than what I was seeing it as.

A few days ago I recieved something totally unexpected. A holiday card from a certain fire bug.
20220104_165943.jpg

Something so simple, brought back that family feeling I had been missing so much as of late. So I just wanted to extend my heartfelt thanks to Frank (@fishguy242) and Tifney. Thank you for reminding me of what R2R is really all about, Family, from all over the world brought together by our love of this wonderful hobby. I hope you know your gesture was greatly appreciated and I wish all the best to yourself and your family. I hope your holidays were wonderful and the new year has started out just as well. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back