my new baby... AKA The Café

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drive Chevrolet trucks for a reason...reliability! Last one 300,000 miles regular maintenance no engine or transmission issues. Current 160,000 plus with same results. Drove lots of Fords owned by friends company and at least a couple breakdowns just during the summer work season. I need cheap dependable transportation for my work. Don't have time to be taking my trucks to the shop monthly like my friend!

Friends don't let friends drive Fords...hahaha! Grew up in Ford, Lincoln Mercury family so I have my reasons!

If Porsche made a truck I might drive that lol!

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you Chevy guys, my hubs current Ford, we bought at 45k. It just rolled 307k. All original engine, tranny, diff, turbo, only oil changes wheel bearings and brakes. Hubs took the upmost care of this one. Heavy tows regularly, bulldozers, tractors, gravel, hundreds of scrap cars. It's been the best darn Ford a Ford lover could ask for. It's left us stranded ZERO times, even had 2 "almost" breakdowns, neither one left us fully stranded, just limped to home (def system fail, fixed with a delete), or a place to fix (blew a turbo charge tube, fixed in a parkinglot).

We've also had many many Chevy's over the years, in fact, it's usually me that drives the Chevy. But I finally kicked my last Chevy to the curb (it was a Cadillac but still a Chevy heart), and got the ultimate upgrade to my Momster truck.

Never a dodge though, I'm not a monster.

Sorry @907_Reefer . Since you live in Alaska you have the "Drive whatever crap" pass :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

And I've driven some crap that's for sure :face-with-tears-of-joy:

We've had so many vehicles across all the brands, and they all get used pretty hard. No real affiliation here but I'm keeping this common rail Cummins 2500 forever. It'll get a plow once it gets retired to the property, in hopefully 100-200k more.

Just crossing 210k, all standard maintenance (I do it all). Brakes, u joints, bearings, etc. Just swapped fuel injectors which will be good for another 100k. I did have an AC pulley bearing fail, being in Alaska you just rotate the tensioner, put on the non-AC belt to bypass it and off you go :grinning-squinting-face:

20210624_151015.jpg

Chevys and Fords I've mainly had older models, and twice blown out brake lines on the highway. The 03 Suburban didn't have an e-brake either so that was a close call, luckily had a turn off. The Ford was an 86 :grinning-squinting-face:. Sold the Ford after the fix and the Burb as a fixer when the x-fer input shaft bearing failed (ain't nobody got time for that).. The Tahoe pictured was recently sold as a fixer when it developed an electrical problem while we were moving. Old stuff breaks and AK is hard on them. The Tahoe would excrete coolant in the driveway when it dropped below 20 lol.

But this 3/4 ton Ram Cummins is a beast. Just used it to rip 2 trees down in the property.

20230919_152059.jpg

20230919_152015.jpg

20230919_163946.jpg

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I've driven some crap that's for sure :face-with-tears-of-joy:

We've had so many vehicles across all the brands, and they all get used pretty hard. No real affiliation here but I'm keeping this common rail Cummins 2500 forever. It'll get a plow once it gets retired to the property, in hopefully 100-200k more.

Just crossing 210k, all standard maintenance (I do it all). Brakes, u joints, bearings, etc. Just swapped fuel injectors which will be good for another 100k. I did have an AC pulley bearing fail, being in Alaska you just rotate the tensioner, put on the non-AC belt to bypass it and off you go :grinning-squinting-face:

20210624_151015.jpg

Chevys and Fords I've mainly had older models, and twice blown out brake lines on the highway. The 03 Suburban didn't have an e-brake either so that was a close call, luckily had a turn off. The Ford was an 86 :grinning-squinting-face:. Sold the Ford after the fix and the Burb as a fixer when the x-fer input shaft bearing failed (ain't nobody got time for that).. The Tahoe pictured was recently sold as a fixer when it developed an electrical problem while we were moving. Old stuff breaks and AK is hard on them. The Tahoe would excrete coolant in the driveway when it dropped below 20 lol.

But this 3/4 ton Ram Cummins is a beast. Just used it to rip 2 trees down in the property.

20230919_152059.jpg

20230919_152015.jpg

20230919_163946.jpg
Tim Allen GIF

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I need one of these in my life. Too much rock in my tank for a Desjardini right now. I’m probably going to end up with a sailfin and some yellows eventually.
Hugo is hilarious.
He's definitely the puppy of the tank. He gets all excited and gets the zoomies when I come over to the tank and begs for food every time.
The only fish in the tank that puts Jello in his place.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone...:)
Good news from neuro...:) the improvement by the day is because the "goblin" is still running thru my veins,
for real it's globulin or something like that...:rolleyes:
but for now ,just an MRI next week,go from there, maybe another round of treatment may be needed,depends on results, each MRI since,has shown improvement...;):)
no new meds, just monitor for now , any decline contact him and take from there.
I really like this guy, was very thorough, was with over 2hrs at appt today, asked a million questions,and really listened
to answers, thorough exam,
so long story short ,in holding pattern,zap my head again,go from there...:)

Ford /Chevy debate, only ford I ever owned before this one , was a van w a 3 on the tree back in the late 80's,meh was fun...
last two mini vans were 2000 Chevy venture,new, beat crap out of needed to change intake manifold 2x got 300k out of,lasted until 2019 was still going,but falling apart.
then olds silhouette also 2000, same exact motor, over 200k ,dexcool clogged cooling system beyond worth repair.
next car will be Cadillac hearse 2001-2002 w 30k or less...;)

I seen all the new fish/ponies, awesome pics from @Stang67 ...:smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
been a long day,not sure how or what i'll be doing tonight...:rolleyes:

Have a great night all ,N A,better tomorrow...:)

poppin...

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Good news from neuro...:) the improvement by the day is because the "goblin" is still running thru my veins,
but for now ,just an MRI next week,go from there, maybe another round of treatment may be needed,depends on results, each MRI since,has shown improvement...;):)
no new meds, just monitor for now , any decline contact him and take from there.
I really like this guy, was very thorough, was with over 2hrs at appt today, asked a million questions,and really listened

Ford /Chevy debate, only ford I ever owned before this one , was a van w a 3 on the tree back in the late 80's,meh was fun...
last two mini vans were 2000 Chevy venture,new, beat crap out of needed to change intake manifold 2x got 300k out of,lasted until 2019 was still going,but falling apart.
then olds silhouette also 2000, same exact motor, over 200k ,dexcool clogged cooling system beyond worth repair.

I seen all the new fish/ponies, awesome pics from @Stang67 ...:smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

poppin...
Immunoglobulin?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

poppin...
I love good news!

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you all...:)
only got a few pics today... ;)
20230921_182818.jpg 20230921_183007.jpg
20230921_183629.jpg 20230921_183625.jpg
and the next to impossible ,all 3 in one shot...:rolleyes:
20230921_210436.jpg

wet out, gonna go work in "garage" for a lil bit...

have a great night all...:)

poppin...

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all...:)
only got a few pics today... ;)
20230921_182818.jpg 20230921_183007.jpg
20230921_183629.jpg 20230921_183625.jpg
and the next to impossible ,all 3 in one shot...:rolleyes:
20230921_210436.jpg

wet out, gonna go work in "garage" for a lil bit...

have a great night all...:)

poppin...
Night Frank. :)

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drive Chevrolet trucks for a reason...reliability! Last one 300,000 miles regular maintenance no engine or transmission issues. Current 160,000 plus with same results. Drove lots of Fords owned by friends company and at least a couple breakdowns just during the summer work season. I need cheap dependable transportation for my work. Don't have time to be taking my trucks to the shop monthly like my friend!

Friends don't let friends drive Fords...hahaha! Grew up in Ford, Lincoln Mercury family so I have my reasons!

If Porsche made a truck I might drive that lol!
74709209-45A2-477A-9B88-BD618A653442.jpeg
Love my GM’s

poppin...
GNight Frank

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 12 15.6%
Back