my new baby... AKA The Café

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While Frank is resting....what is the best Dremmel to use for fragging? I can't afford a Gryphon atm and my hand held is an oscillating one that I can't get a thin diamond blade for. Hoping a Dremmel will work. Hammer and Duncan is what were looking at chopping up.
It's old AF, but I use a 300 series. I don't remember offhand how much it was, but I don't think it was too spendy. It could be better, but it gets the job done. I have the 90 degree neck which makes it, as a handheld, easier to use for fragging.

1000006913.jpg

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While Frank is resting....what is the best Dremmel to use for fragging? I can't afford a Gryphon atm and my hand held is an oscillating one that I can't get a thin diamond blade for. Hoping a Dremmel will work. Hammer and Duncan is what were looking at chopping up.

I run the same older Dremel as @Fish Styx , I haven't fragged with it yet, but use it in a ton of other projects around the house and garage. Almost weekly. Just used it to grind a laundry room baseboard since the prior owner's remodel didn't leave a notch to allow the dryer gas line valve to close :rolleyes:

Great investment if you ask me. Looks like newer ones are $60 on Amazon or $70 with the engraver extension.

Did some arts and crafts with the engraver a little while ago, I loaded dog ashes in twice-fired 458 SOCOM shells on my key chain. They never miss a ride again. RIP Trinity & Neo (few years ago).

1000015728.jpg

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the cordless one like this and it works great.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dremel also. I think it’s a 90W dremel too. I always wondered if they could be used to frag thicker corals. It’s good to know they can be. I’ll have to see if I can get diamond blades for mine.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a dremel also. I think it’s a 90W dremel too. I always wondered if they could be used to frag thicker corals. It’s good to know they can be. I’ll have to see if I can get diamond blades for mine.
just be careful! almost took a finger!

Joekovar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the flexible shaft attachment for a Dremel with diamond grit ez-lock blades.

The pencil style shaft is easier to handle than the whole Dremel.

I only use the maxlife multipurpose diamond grit blades. They're a single solid piece of metal with grit edge. I don't trust the composite/pressed blades not to explode. Especially if they were used for more than a single cutting session.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's old AF, but I use a 300 series. I don't remember offhand how much it was, but I don't think it was too spendy. It could be better, but it gets the job done. I have the 90 degree neck which makes it, as a handheld, easier to use for fragging.

1000006913.jpg
Same as mine

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy Friday everyone! Anyone got big tank plans this weekend? My big job was done last week. Hope to just relax and test a few parameters this weekend.
Aquarium club meeting on Saturday.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Going to Southern Illinois today to move our daughter and her boyfriend back to Indy.

Good evening everyone... :)
how/what y'all doing tonight ?...:)
20240207_011756.jpg
So cute!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Friday everyone! Anyone got big tank plans this weekend? My big job was done last week. Hope to just relax and test a few parameters this weekend.
glue in some stuff the hermits keep assaulting

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glue in some stuff the hermits keep assaulting
I finally glued all my small loose pieces this week after "The Great Cleaning." Urchins just love rearranging small pieces. I just have one piece still on the sand bed that needs a dremel fragging, but its beyond 'pick up and move around' size.

20240206_164502.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! Sit on the couch and drink beer and watch the game Sunday! My town is a huge mess with the super bowl here so it’s like impossible to drive lol.. it takes a hour to go 15 miles any more and I’m over it!

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday Picking up my bumble bee snail army and glass blowing class. Then Sunday theres some kind of football thingy going on.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back