my new baby... AKA The Café

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, what what?
I AM HAVING LESS DOSED AFTER A WEEK OR SO ON FOR MY ALL FOR REEF ADDITIVE.

(I spoke louder in case you were hard of hearing)

:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Magic Shop What GIF by Pee-wee Herman

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm running in Frank fumes over here... My daughter decided to get sick at 10:30 last night all over my bathroom door... Then the dogs decided something at the neighbors house was worthy of barking at, then my daughter got sick again but this time just all over the toilet. Then my wife heard the ATO pump running and sucking air, then I noticed I had Berghia in the tub with the live rock from.my breakdown so I needed to put them in the tank, then I finally fell asleep at 3 and my alarm went off at 4:15...

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cafe', for those who use All for reef, and with a doser, how often do you clean the lines and how often to calibrate the dosage?

I'm using a kamoer pump, and I need to clean the lines about every 2 weeks and it starts to sway in amount dosed pretty quickly. Currently set to dose 10ml at 7 am and I checked it with the calibration cylinder and it's at 8.5 ml already and I cleaned it last week. This seems like a lot of work for something that's supposed to be easier....
1once per month. Vinegar rinse 50/50. Run both tubes in same cup. Let it run a few mins. Rinse with clean water. Calibrate after cleaning.
For me "when it clogs" lol

Because I take full advantage of the easy part.

Reefing_addiction

High functioning coral addict…and not failing???
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cafe', for those who use All for reef, and with a doser, how often do you clean the lines and how often to calibrate the dosage?

I'm using a kamoer pump, and I need to clean the lines about every 2 weeks and it starts to sway in amount dosed pretty quickly. Currently set to dose 10ml at 7 am and I checked it with the calibration cylinder and it's at 8.5 ml already and I cleaned it last week. This seems like a lot of work for something that's supposed to be easier....
1once per month. Vinegar rinse 50/50. Run both tubes in same cup. Let it run a few mins. Rinse with clean water. Calibrate after cleaning.
Wait I should be cleaning dosing lines??

I did recalibrate my kamoer…didn’t clean it.

So I’m with @JoJosReef on this

Wait, what???

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Haven't cleaned mine in over a year lol.. mine doses under the water line in my sump in a high flow area. Never seen a reason too.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what I always think about the "banana for scale". Could we have picked something that doesn't vary so much in size ?!?!?
Go Pittsburgh Pa GIF by Mike Hitt
Tape measure never lies! Measure twice and cut once!

Last edited:

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what I always think about the "banana for scale". Could we have picked something that doesn't vary so much in size ?!?!?
I was gonna say the thing :face-with-tears-of-joy:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Come on... We measure horses in hands. I don't know about you guys but when I'm buying a horse I measure with my hands. When I'm selling a horse my daughter does the measurements.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait I should be cleaning dosing lines??

I did recalibrate my kamoer…didn’t clean it.

So I’m with @JoJosReef on this

Wait, what???
I fo it for All for Reef as it has been crystalizing for me. So. Has to be done.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back