0   0   0
Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll probably be unavailable tomorrow. Going to they the new tank up. Only other thing planned is an oil change on my car. Will take pictures and spam spam spam when I’m done.

Exciting stuff! Looking forward to the splam!

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the pipe on the left is 3/4 . This, according to y’all, should be my main drain line. So I plan on cutting it using a coupling and refitting it to make it look like the one in the middle. And turning the one in the middle to my emergency drain line.

when the guy resealed my tank he said he broke that bulk head but it looks fine to me. Unless it should look like that bulkhead to the far right?

so when hooking up the actual lines I noticed all the bulk heads (except the one on the far right) are threaded (on the inside)So if I go with the ones that are threaded I need to get something to connect unthreaded to threaded? And just use the tape stuff when connecting? And glue the other unthreaded part into the piece that connects. I also believe I should keep the first pieces coming out of the tank short and hook them up to the remaining run with a couple unions.

edit adding the photos
C5DC6C6D-2CBC-4110-961C-3174C7F4D942.jpeg
F1BB1EF7-F672-4E66-BE79-3F9768807D46.jpeg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the pipe on the left is 3/4 . This, according to y’all, should be my main drain line. So I plan on cutting it using a coupling and refitting it to make it look like the one in the middle. And turning the one in the middle to my emergency drain line.

when the guy resealed my tank he said he broke that bulk head but it looks fine to me. Unless it should look like that bulkhead to the far right?

so when hooking up the actual lines I noticed all the bulk heads (except the one on the far right) are threaded (on the inside)So if I go with the ones that are threaded I need to get something to connect unthreaded to threaded? And just use the tape stuff when connecting? And glue the other unthreaded part into the piece that connects. I also believe I should keep the first pieces coming out of the tank short and hook them up to the remaining run with a couple unions.

edit adding the photos
C5DC6C6D-2CBC-4110-961C-3174C7F4D942.jpeg
F1BB1EF7-F672-4E66-BE79-3F9768807D46.jpeg
so the two on the left are threaded on the inside and the outside?

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if I'm understanding your question, no, you need to thread a coupling into it. with no thread you would cement the joining pipe into it.

barb connection would be for soft tube connection with a pipe clamp over it... I think.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if I'm understanding your question, no, you need to thread a coupling into it. with no thread you would cement the joining pipe into it.

barb connection would be for soft tube connection with a pipe clamp over it... I think.
Ok so I need to get a coupling with thread on one side and a slip on the other? So I can push my pipes in, and cement those.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I need to get a coupling with thread on one side and a slip on the other? So I can push my pipes in, and cement those.
and then thread it into the existing.
take it all with you to the lfs. mine, and hopefully yours, have the fittings. that way you match everything there.
mine is a different setup. I've got a side glass overflow.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 57 46.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back