My new Mitra LX7 just arrived! Loving this new light!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Wendy Eaton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Wendy -
The LX 7206 is full featured and can run independently, and as master/slave.

While you can certainly make both slaves and control from a ProfiLux 3 or 4 with the PWC add-in Card, you may also use one of the two LX7’s as master and the other as slave.
Of course having a ProfiLux provides you with a much larger monitor and control spectrum over the entire aquarium(s).

The ProfiLux mini cannot control the LX7’s as they are built for wireless control. The Mini can control, however it can control light bars.
We do sell the mini in the US @ www.ghlusa.com/shop

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have further questions.

-marco
Hi Marco. Thank you for getting back with me. I would like to run some stream pumps with them. It appears that the profilix Light would accomplish that. Can the ph and temp probes be hooked into the Profilix Light?

Wendy Eaton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marco. Thank you for getting back with me. I would like to run some stream pumps with them. It appears that the profilix Light would accomplish that. Can the ph and temp probes be hooked into the Profilix Light?
I believe I want to get the profilix 4. Just noticed that the profilix Light doesn’t appear to be WiFi capable. Does the profilix 4 come with a power bar, the ph probe and temp sensor?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I want to get the profilix 4. Just noticed that the profilix Light doesn’t appear to be WiFi capable. Does the profilix 4 come with a power bar, the ph probe and temp sensor?

The PL4 has WiFi connectivity, allows 0-10v device control such as the Tunze pumps.
We sell the controller by itself, or as package with pH/Temp/Redox/Conductivity, a power bar(Mega) and a second package with all of the Mega set contents + the Touch Display - that’s the Ultimate package deal.

Here is our store, that shows package options and content :)
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product-category/profilux/profilux-controller-sets/

Wendy Eaton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PL4 has WiFi connectivity, allows 0-10v device control such as the Tunze pumps.
We sell the controller by itself, or as package with pH/Temp/Redox/Conductivity, a power bar(Mega) and a second package with all of the Mega set contents + the Touch Display - that’s the Ultimate package deal.

Here is our store, that shows package options and content :)
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product-category/profilux/profilux-controller-sets/
Adding things to my cart now. Will the Vortech pumps plug straight into the PL4 or do I need to get a VorTech Controller? Also, do you have to get a PAB with the PL4 Ultimate so that you can use the PL Touch?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding things to my cart now. Will the Vortech pumps plug straight into the PL4 or do I need to get a VorTech Controller? Also, do you have to get a PAB with the PL4 Ultimate so that you can use the PL Touch?
Unfortunately the Ecotech VorTech pums require the Vortech controller to interface/communicate with the pumps.
The ultimate kit comes with all cables to get up and running, for every item inside, PAB cable included for the Touch. :)

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is an older thread but not sure where the best place to post this is... I have a 93 cube, 30" wide x 30" length x 24" deep. I'm currently running two lights I purchased from a local reef store (Crystal Reef Aquatics). I am getting decent growth, but I know I can do better, so I've looked at all the major players and am still confused on 1 vs 2 lights. I'm leaning toward GHL, but big difference in price between 1 and 2. Thoughts?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ed -
If you're going for full packed SPS, pane to pane, 2 lights would do better. In addition to better coverage and less shading than a single light, you'd also be able to run the individual lights at lower power.
If you're mix reef, or SPS that's a center scape, 1 light would be plenty. :)

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, appreciate the reply. I see there are some 6's on sale, and I assume your answer is the same for them? What is a major difference between the two?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, same stands for the LX6's.

The LX6's - 6300 are the same cluster color/spectrum as the LX7's.
LX7's:
* Built in IP WiFi - LX6's have Wireless control for P3/P4 but not IP WiFi
* Due to IP WiFi, these are able to be controlled via Cloud, or mobile app, in addition to GCC
* Power Balancing - Ability to overdrive channels with power made available from channels that have power available/not used

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back