• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

My recent order experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

nola90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I want to say Algae Barn has by far the best customer service you could ask for. Prompt with answering questions and really do try their best to make your experience the best it could be.

The batch I ordered was a simple 5280, nothing different than normal, but unfortunately it was mishandled in shipping and the bag came half-empty. I poured the remains into the tank after contacting them and they quickly sent a replacement without question.

The second time, once again packaged perfectly with no busted seals at this time. Inspected the bag and it was rather disappointing. I know someone else made a thread a few weeks back regarding this issue, but there were a few that provided positive feedback on the size and I thought I'd go ahead and purchase it anyway since I know I needed some for the tank. That being said, the quality of the pods aren't where it was a year ago. I purchased a good handful of times last year and you could visually inspect the bag and see how many large pods there are in the bag. This time around, I couldn't see much at all and I am even curious if they survived in the tank or not as its been a few weeks usually I see the pods crawling behind the magnet or frag racks by now. I did take a small sample of water and put it under a scope so I know they are at least there to begin with.

Maybe it was just that isolated bag, but I'm kind of on the fence about ordering until they can keep up with demands and I can see larger pods like before. Customer service is perfect though, so I can't complain there, but customers need honest feedback about products and its just not what it was last year.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I want to say Algae Barn has by far the best customer service you could ask for. Prompt with answering questions and really do try their best to make your experience the best it could be.

The batch I ordered was a simple 5280, nothing different than normal, but unfortunately it was mishandled in shipping and the bag came half-empty. I poured the remains into the tank after contacting them and they quickly sent a replacement without question.

The second time, once again packaged perfectly with no busted seals at this time. Inspected the bag and it was rather disappointing. I know someone else made a thread a few weeks back regarding this issue, but there were a few that provided positive feedback on the size and I thought I'd go ahead and purchase it anyway since I know I needed some for the tank. That being said, the quality of the pods aren't where it was a year ago. I purchased a good handful of times last year and you could visually inspect the bag and see how many large pods there are in the bag. This time around, I couldn't see much at all and I am even curious if they survived in the tank or not as its been a few weeks usually I see the pods crawling behind the magnet or frag racks by now. I did take a small sample of water and put it under a scope so I know they are at least there to begin with.

Maybe it was just that isolated bag, but I'm kind of on the fence about ordering until they can keep up with demands and I can see larger pods like before. Customer service is perfect though, so I can't complain there, but customers need honest feedback about products and its just not what it was last year.
I agree they have great customer service, I was about to get an order and i had to go out of town called them and they held it till I got back Thanks Algae Barn

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hey Nola90,
I am sorry to hear that you are dissatified with your pods! Please contact me at [email protected], and we can work together to make your ordering experience with AlgaeBarn right!
Thanks,
Kevin

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back