My reef-pi build freshwater style!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running atlas scientific ph probe , which are pretty good but expensive (70$). I just received american marine pin point probe, I'll be using this to test the ph board and base board. I'll keep you posted how it performs. This probe is probably the cheaper salt water rated probe. BRS should be somewhere in the middle.
If things go as expected I should be able to compare all the boards (ezo, baseboard and ph board) as well as the two probes (atlas scientific and american marine)

OP
OP
Bigtrout

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what came in the mail today, woohoo, have to get a pH probe on the way now! Ill install this weekend and at least test that its seen on the i2c bus, and I can finally do my light PWM

Nice job, thanks @Jonathan Troutt for building these and @Roberto_b for designing.

Also going to upgrade to 2.2 to test my linux skilz...lol
20190124_200440.jpg

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what came in the mail today, woohoo, have to get a pH probe on the way now! Ill install this weekend and at least test that its seen on the i2c bus, and I can finally do my light PWM

Nice job, thanks @Jonathan Troutt for building these and @Roberto_b for designing.

Also going to upgrade to 2.2 to test my linux skilz...lol
20190124_200440.jpg
JT did a great job on those boards. I finally got my probe will be doing some testing tomorrow night hopefully.

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dashboard is doing some wonky stuff on my main pi. I have it set for 4 rows and 2 columns but it isn't showing up like it's supposed to in the dashboard. It's showing up as 1 column with 8 rows and the resolution looks a little funky.

OP
OP
Bigtrout

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dashboard is doing some wonky stuff on my main pi. I have it set for 4 rows and 2 columns but it isn't showing up like it's supposed to in the dashboard. It's showing up as 1 column with 8 rows and the resolution looks a little funky.
I havent looked on my desktop yet...i do everything from my phone, even if I ssh into it...my asus router lets me vpn into my home network...i can get into my reef-pi from anywhere WITHOUT vnc being loaded on the pi.

Concurrently been working on my 40 breeder sump, 1/4 inch glass baffles all in and silicone well cured...but im not messing with installing until it gets warmer. Im still contemplating if i can drain to 1/4 full so I dont uproot my plants, keep fish in buckets...and drill the back wall of the tank for a real overflow. There would be lots of tape and plastic involved to catch the glass particles. Or just get a lifereef HOB...

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that, but it goes away when I do a page refresh.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does is go away if you do page refresh ? I am experiencing this as well . It’s a bug that was introduced in 2.2 , supposed to fix another bug :-(

OP
OP
Bigtrout

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for @Ranjib
I was testing pwm with a fluke 175, and tested frequency of the pca9685 outputs. No matter what I set it in reef pi, my meter was giving me a frequency of 1.5khz. Why isnt it changing if I set frequency to 200 in settings?
Reading true rms voltages, I can see 3.29v when set to 99 percent, and 1.66@50 percent to it seems to be working, im just not seeing the correct frequency on my meter

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for @Ranjib
I was testing pwm with a fluke 175, and tested frequency of the pca9685 outputs. No matter what I set it in reef pi, my meter was giving me a frequency of 1.5khz. Why isnt it changing if I set frequency to 200 in settings?
Reading true rms voltages, I can see 3.29v when set to 99 percent, and 1.66@50 percent to it seems to be working, im just not seeing the correct frequency on my meter
are you reloading reef-pi after changing the pwm frequency?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, even tried rebooting
that does not sound good. I'll cross check with my setup. I have never used this multimeter, you think the readings are correct? I used oscilloscope to verify this when I first wrote the driver.

OP
OP
Bigtrout

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering myself, but my other meter that does frequency needs 8v signal to read, I was going to cross check that to see if the reading was the same. Specs say fluke 175 should be able to read correct frequency...it reads wall power correctly at 60hz, i just found it strange that the pca was at max frequency...if i read voltages they are all correct for the percentages in the slider in reef pi.
Is there a command line that can check what this is set at?

Im going to attribute this to the meter since I dont have an oscope to verify, unless the mosfet boards dont work correctly. They are rated to 1khz

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back