My Reef pi build - Well, my Viparspectra PWM light controller :D

trackerit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib How come I cant get both Light schedule graphs on the same "graph" I have to have 2 separate ones on the dashboard - There must be a way to do it as I have seen pictures and others doing it somehow - when I configure my dashboard I select "light" but then it forces me to choose just one channel
I believe that each light is independent in the graphs, if you want to have a graph with both, then you will have to graph with other software such as the prometheus and kibana demo

OP
OP
ph123uk

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen pictures of other people with it in the same graph however, I enabled telemetry on io.adafruit.com after making an account and I now have a dashboard with both feeds on the graph :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen pictures of other people with it in the same graph however, I enabled telemetry on io.adafruit.com after making an account and I now have a dashboard with both feeds on the graph :)

Slick setup with the controller in the light housing. Happy you got everything running the way that pleases you too! Not sure you're aware of it, or not, but there is often a lag in reporting time when using the Adafruit telemetry. Just thought you might like to know.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In reef-pi individual light is represented in individual graphs. What you have seen is probably a single light with two channels, typical kessil setup

OP
OP
ph123uk

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In reef-pi individual light is represented in individual graphs. What you have seen is probably a single light with two channels, typical kessil setup

Ah, OK, is it possible for me to configure my vipar like that then, as I have a single light with two channels?

OP
OP
ph123uk

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won't work sadly, will only let me type one number.

It let's me type 10 or 11 but not 0,1 with a comma seperating.

OP
OP
ph123uk

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fabulous, all working, much appreciated - can stop touching it now :D

working.jpg

Reef_Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ph123uk Hey there, sorry for reviving an old post but ....

I was wondering if I could get some input:

I would like to work on this project myself. I have a few questions about the power source and that I am using this to control 2 vi par spectra.

1. Instead of using an external power supply could you just power the pi and run it like that?

2. Is a 4 channel relay necessary or can we tie the blue in with the blue and whites together and still use a 2 channel relay to control them.

37B2CEE8-DEF5-4857-BCD0-DBD385E92ABF.jpeg

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ph123uk Hey there, sorry for reviving an old post but ....

I was wondering if I could get some input:

I would like to work on this project myself. I have a few questions about the power source and that I am using this to control 2 vi par spectra.

1. Instead of using an external power supply could you just power the pi and run it like that?

2. Is a 4 channel relay necessary or can we tie the blue in with the blue and whites together and still use a 2 channel relay to control them.

37B2CEE8-DEF5-4857-BCD0-DBD385E92ABF.jpeg

Hey did you end up figuring this out?

Eugene233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along.
Feel free to reach out in between crying and fist bashing if you have any more questions. :cool:
Lots of reef-pi folks here to help overcome any problems you come across.
Hi diamond1 I'm having some issues with the raspberry pi 4 and feel pi would you be able to help me out ?

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eugene233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my man, i have done all this. i have installed reef-pi i have configured before install and after
it is not working, im not getting anything coming out of the rpi 4, iv been going at this for a while and soon going to give up, its kinda nonsense iv not been able to have a clear answer. am i the only one thats not doing this right?
and i am extermly confused, i have read dev mode has to be off when it is off nothing works. like i said kinda getting annouyed, and by all means i get people dont have to answer to me, but if you do can it be something that helps.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my man, i have done all this. i have installed reef-pi i have configured before install and after
it is not working, im not getting anything coming out of the rpi 4, iv been going at this for a while and soon going to give up, its kinda nonsense iv not been able to have a clear answer. am i the only one thats not doing this right?
and i am extermly confused, i have read dev mode has to be off when it is off nothing works. like i said kinda getting annouyed, and by all means i get people dont have to answer to me, but if you do can it be something that helps.

No you aren't. There is a known problem at the moment with the Pi 4 and the newly released PiOS. Particularly when updating the PiOS. I don't think the reef-pi Devs don't fully understand the cause or the patch yet, but I know they are working on it at the moment.

May I suggest that you post a detailed post of your challenges, what you have tried and where you are now with the process on the main reef-pi thread as opposed to here on ph123uk's build thread. @Ranjib @Michael Lane and the rest of the guys there are very helpful and you will be much more likely to get you a solution to your issue. I know there are guys using the Pi4 successfully. I'm sure they will chime in there and give you a solution.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back