My reefer 250 deluxe build, no more biocube!!

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert from Your Reef or Robert from AquaLife.. I know Robert from AquaLife ha shown me pics from his tank before but I haven't gotten anything from him.. I stocked up from another guy local in the area..
neither, Robert doesn't have a shop just a personal tank and he is fragging out the majority of his display cause hes upgrading to a 436g. John owns Your Reef and he has some solid stuff definitely the best sticks around the area as far as lfs goes. Aquaworkz down in Sac usually has some pretty awesome LPS they are super knowledgable too. Aqualife is cool their coral leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. Back at their old shop they had a lot more high end pieces. Now it just seems to be a lot of over priced run of the mill type stuff. nothing against them though they are super nice and always willing to help.
Roberts tank looks like this.... but even more spectacular in person. That's where that picture of all those frags came from. as you can see he has a ton more lol

IMG_1592.jpg

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been to AquaLife since about 2 months after I been here for personal reason.. I go out to Aquaworkz every so often.. that 220 they have by the door when you first walk in! I'm going to get that! All my equipment it rated for it I just need to jump on it before it get to hot! because the frags I initially set my tank up with are becoming mini colonies and space is limited! So an upgrade is in order haha! We are not sure if Citrus Heights is going to be home being new to the state we just jumped on a quick month to month but the wife is either thinking Arden area or to Folsom so when we move that would be a great time to set up a new system as well you know...

neither, Robert doesn't have a shop just a personal tank and he is fragging out the majority of his display cause hes upgrading to a 436g. John owns Your Reef and he has some solid stuff definitely the best sticks around the area as far as lfs goes. Aquaworkz down in Sac usually has some pretty awesome LPS they are super knowledgable too. Aqualife is cool their coral leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. Back at their old shop they had a lot more high end pieces. Now it just seems to be a lot of over priced run of the mill type stuff. nothing against them though they are super nice and always willing to help.
Roberts tank looks like this.... but even more spectacular in person. That's where that picture of all those frags came from. as you can see he has a ton more lol

IMG_1592.jpg

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been to AquaLife since about 2 months after I been here for personal reason.. I go out to Aquaworkz every so often.. that 220 they have by the door when you first walk in! I'm going to get that! All my equipment it rated for it I just need to jump on it before it get to hot! because the frags I initially set my tank up with are becoming mini colonies and space is limited! So an upgrade is in order haha! We are not sure if Citrus Heights is going to be home being new to the state we just jumped on a quick month to month but the wife is either thinking Arden area or to Folsom so when we move that would be a great time to set up a new system as well you know...
which one?? the red sea 750xxl?? or the aqueon?? that red sea keeps dropping in price, they ordered for someone 4+ months ago and the dude backed out of it so they got stuck with it! I'm in the same boat. Only bought my house here in Roseville going on 2 years ago but the fiancé wants a bigger house so I already talked her into letting me get a 200g lol

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aqueon! I think that red sea sold I know they had a used one or it looked used for sale for like 1400.. we've been here about 9 months now and still have no clue where we want to call home lol.. we went last week to look at a open house in Rancho (wife works in Rancho) and it was in between two complexs so I asked about traffic through and noise and they told me we get a lot of traffic, and homeless and the occasion gunshots. I was like yeah, NO! Thank you! lol

which one?? the red sea 750xxl?? or the aqueon?? that red sea keeps dropping in price, they ordered for someone 4+ months ago and the dude backed out of it so they got stuck with it! I'm in the same boat. Only bought my house here in Roseville going on 2 years ago but the fiancé wants a bigger house so I already talked her into letting me get a 200g lol

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aqueon! I think that red sea sold I know they had a used one or it looked used for sale for like 1400.. we've been here about 9 months now and still have no clue where we want to call home lol.. we went last week to look at a open house in Rancho (wife works in Rancho) and it was in between two complexs so I asked about traffic through and noise and they told me we get a lot of traffic, and homeless and the occasion gunshots. I was like yeah, NO! Thank you! lol
hahahaha! ya I'm not a huge fan of Rancho. There are some decent areas out there but they are few and far between. Id stay on this side of 50

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we came out for a week before we moved to look for a place and everyone was saying stay away from Rancho.. she fell in love with this place on the corner of Sunrise and Fair Oaks but I was like theres no way I want to live near all this traffic and across from a sports bar.. so we kept going further and further until we landed in Citrus Heights...

hahahaha! ya I'm not a huge fan of Rancho. There are some decent areas out there but they are few and far between. Id stay on this side of 50

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we came out for a week before we moved to look for a place and everyone was saying stay away from Rancho.. she fell in love with this place on the corner of Sunrise and Fair Oaks but I was like theres no way I want to live near all this traffic and across from a sports bar.. so we kept going further and further until we landed in Citrus Heights...
my fiances office is right there at sunrise and fair oaks lol yeh man theres a TON of traffic that direction, if you go back on fair oaks and out towards orangevale its much more relaxed and less traffic. I'm more sunrise and cirby area

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're close... you live very close to Your Reef and Aquarium Depot.. I'm around Greenback and Auburn.. we looked at some places in Orangevale.. she really like Fair Oaks... something about them chickens walking around the streets she loves! Its all fun and games until you catch salmonella lol

my fiances office is right there at sunrise and fair oaks lol yeh man theres a TON of traffic that direction, if you go back on fair oaks and outage towards orangevale its much more relaxed and less traffic. I'm more sunrise and cirby area

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some issues for a month or so with nitrates and phosphates, stripped the entire system of both and ended up murdering a number of sps, was pretty bummed out to lose some of my favorites. Definitely a lesson learned but its been a solid month of stability and some of the ones I thought were gonners have come back and the PE on everything is better than it has ever been before. Here are a couple update shots. Still learning how to take pictures which I don't see getting better anytime soon unless I buy a new camera lol
Not quite sure what this milli is that I got and the pictures don't quite do it justice, its got green at the base with a yellow body and pink tips, its by far one of my favorites, cant wait to see how it progresses

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_22932.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back