My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Atleast your honest ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious You could say you just enjoy encouraging people you care about to get the best cause that's what they deserve:p
Yes, and being honest about some regrets I have. That was actually the big concern with the tank upgrade for us. I want Andrew to have solid bones!

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and being honest about some regrets I have. That was actually the big concern with the tank upgrade for us. I want Andrew to have solid bones!

Always a good goal to have and it seems like your on a good path for that :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @JoshH - did you happen to catch my comment about Lowell Lemon making a sump for you in Katrina's thread?

Oh, and I'll be harassing, er, um, following you on this build thread now.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @JoshH - did you happen to catch my comment about Lowell Lemon making a sump for you in Katrina's thread?

Oh, and I'll be harassing, er, um, following you on this build thread now.

I did briefly catch that comment yes and was thinking about it. I'm still in the midst of a decision but I fear all the enablers have a point, I have a particular picture in my head and I might just be really disappointed if it's not exactly what I want.

And you're only allowed to harass me if you come up here and help me Jack up the floor :p

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did briefly catch that comment yes and was thinking about it. I'm still in the midst of a decision but I fear all the enablers have a point, I have a particular picture in my head and I might just be really disappointed if it's not exactly what I want.

And you're only allowed to harass me if you come up here and help me Jack up the floor :p

If he has the time, Lowell can build anything you like to your specs. He is an expert! For real. If I were going to have anything made he'd be the first guy I checked. Seriously, what have you got to lose by talking with him? Plus he could probably give you some really good ideas.

I'm good at "jacking" things up! ;) Floor jacking you say? Easy peasy but you are a little bit of a drive from me.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he has the time, Lowell can build anything you like to your specs. He is an expert! For real. If I were going to have anything made he'd be the first guy I checked. Seriously, what have you got to lose by talking with him? Plus he could probably give you some really good ideas.

I'm good at "jacking" things up! ;) Floor jacking you say? Easy peasy but you are a little bit of a drive from me.

I'll think about it, I promise! Lol

And ROAD TRIP!!!

Ace Driving.gif

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 100% They had Ace Ventura on the other day and I ended up spending the night watching Jim's movies, such a great actor.
Between him and Robin Williams... it doesnt get much better as far as talent and acting roles diversity. They're the best.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between him and Robin Williams... it doesnt get much better as far as talent and acting roles diversity. They're the best.

They really, really are.

On a Tank note, I took down some drywall in the laundry room to discover the end plate that the joists under the tank tie into is actually a triple 2x10 beam. This is truly fantastic news as I was completely dreading having to pull the end plate out and cut the joists back to double it up. The floor still needs to be jacked up a hair and I will still be doubling up the 3 joists under the tank itself but this is exponentially easier than the originally planned scope of work.

:D:D:D:D

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really, really are.

On a Tank note, I took down some drywall in the laundry room to discover the end plate that the joists under the tank tie into is actually a triple 2x10 beam. This is truly fantastic news as I was completely dreading having to pull the end plate out and cut the joists back to double it up. The floor still needs to be jacked up a hair and I will still be doubling up the 3 joists under the tank itself but this is exponentially easier than the originally planned scope of work.

That's great news! Nothing worse than jacking and reinforcing floors.

I was lucky too, have the old 3x12 beams they used back in the 40's. Running perpendicular to my tank on the wall. Was perfect.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really, really are.

Fantastic... easy peasy!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back