My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little guy loves helping with the tank. Hes 3.5 years old, climbs on a kitchen chair and helps me baste ioff he rocks and feed the fish a few times a week.

I usually do my water changes every 2 weeks, but have since gone to weekly at the urging of my son hahaha.

That's awesome! You're pretty lucky to have the little one so interested in the tank to keep you on your toes maintaining it! One day I can only hope mine is the same way :)

Congratulations on the news! More kids to help with husbandry, right!?! Best wishes bud!

Thank Rich! And that's exactly right, it is after all why we really have kids isn't it? Someone else to do the chores;)

Dude, congratulations on thew new frag! Is it WWC or JF? ;)
But in all seriousness, that is so exiting man! God bless!

Thank you! I believe it's a JF S#!t disturber, pretty expensive, slow grower and requires a TON of patience and maintenance. :p

It is incredibly exciting! Thank you!!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, with all of this craziness going on here. I've had a chance recently to sit back and reflect on what really matters most. And that's family. Whether it be our own, or our R2R Family. What matters is we are here for each other when needed. I hope through all of this, everyone doesn't lose sight of that.

I've recently been given some news that means come early January our family is going to be getting a little bigger...

20200608_200021.jpg

I hope everyone stays safe in these difficult times:)
Congratulations!!!..so happy for you!! :)

A future reefer we can corrupt..;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I've quote so many messages before in one go lol! But thank you all sooo much! My wife and I are VERY excited about the news and have already started working out the things we need to get done before the due date.

Ironically finishing the tank is very near to the top of the list as Ashley wants it to be filled and running beforehand so it's one less project. My plan anyway but her doing the pushing certainly helps out. :) And yes, one new frag (Little reefer) to enable as much as possible. I really hope they share the same passion as I do but obviously I can't bank on that 100%
You know josh as long as the little one sees the passion you have and how much fun you have I’m sure they’ll enjoy it just as much. Congrats and welcome to a few years of a few sleepless nights lol.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations!!!..so happy for you!! :)

A future reefer we can corrupt..;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Thank you!!! And no, I'm corrupted enough, we don't need more of that!

Been following along since the very beginning of the build and glad to see everything getting set up and almost ready for water. Congrats on the baby !!

Thanks! It's been a long journey but things are coming together now, Just installed a sheet on the back wall to mount the canopy off off. Still toying around ideas on how to construct the canopy itself and have it movable for maintenance.

20200610_192814.jpg

It will be filled in and painted white then trimmed out to match the tank stand with the dark stained trim.

and thanks again! It really is an overwhelming and exciting time! :D :D :D

You know josh as long as the little one sees the passion you have and how much fun you have I’m sure they’ll enjoy it just as much. Congrats and welcome to a few years of a few sleepless nights lol.

Thank you for the kind, honest words:p I do hope that we share some of the same passions but also they have there own they can share with me (Hopefully less expensive passions though) :D

Last edited:

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind, honest words:p I do hope that we share some of the same passions but also they have there own they can share with me (Hopefully less expensive passions though) :D

From experience...good luck with that!;)
(It’s worth every penny)

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks! It's been a long journey but things are coming together now, Just installed a sheet on the back wall to mount the canopy off off. Still toying around ideas on how to construct the canopy itself and have it movable for maintenance.

20200610_192814.jpg

It will be filled in and painted white then trimmed out to match the tank stand with the dark stained trim.

Chances are that is very unlikely to happen it will be more of an expensive. Gotta be better than papa lol.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20200610_192814.jpg

Touchdowwwwwwn! Niiiiiice!

And it Fits!!!!!! BARELY!!!!!

20200617_164719.jpg

"Does this chamber me look fat?"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May not be around tomorrow and didn’t want to miss the chance to wish our new daddy a Happy Father’s Day!

Thank you!!! It's a bit of a weird feeling lol

Great build, thread and patience.

Thanks Keith! The pump came in in one piece thankfully, looks good and can't wait to get it up and running.

Happy father's day man! Good luck when the little frag comes along, keep us posted!
God bless!

Thank you! Same to all fathers out there, My day was super busy so I hope everyone else enjoyed theres!

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Touchdowwwwwwn! Niiiiiice!

"Does this chamber me look fat?"

Why yes, yes it does! This pump is MASSIVE! And I mean that in the nicest way :p

Heres where we are now, Pulled everything out so I could start coating the walls in the fish room....
20200622_164857.jpg

20200622_164903.jpg

Finished installing the trimming around the backer of the tank, just have to sand, paint and stain it!
20200619_153254.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back