OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Okay, well I still saw some black pods on the corals so I am going to let it go till tonight.

I did catch my kleins butterfly as it was nipping at some of my corals and put it in my 8 foot tank thats just fish. Well I never saw the raccoon butterfly fish pick at coral, of course till after I caught the kleins. Now I am trying to catch him. I borrowed an aquamedic fish trap from a local hobbiest and the klein was easy to catch but the raccoon has never gone in the trap yet, it has only been 2 days but hopefully I will be able to catch it soon.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So last night I saw no more pods and the corals had some of the best PE I have had in a LONG time. Last night I also changed 30 gallons of water and added some activated carbon. I am going to leave the activated carbon in till tomorrow night, I will be turning my skimmer on today at lunch.

I also caught the raccoon butterfly last night so now I should also have no fish that nip at my SPS. I do want to replace the two butterflywith some fish but not sure what, I may just replace them with around 5-6 different wrasse.

Last edited:

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the increase in PE after the angel came out or was it the lack of whatever bugs were on them?

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Was the increase in PE after the angel came out or was it the lack of whatever bugs were on them?

Sorry just realized I said angelfish, when they are butterfly fish. Not sure why I said angelfish haha

It was before I caught the butterfly, so because the bugs were off the corals (whatever bugs they were)

I know taking the butterfly out will also increase PE though, however that wasnt the reason for the increase yesterday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well I just dosed the second week dose (again I did 2 tablets, 4x recommended) last night around 10pm, took the carbon and skimmer offline.

I am going to be doing a water change, adding carbon back in and starting up the skimmer again tonight after work.

As I said before, the corals look as good as ever (knock on wood) some of the PE I am having is the best I have ever had in any tank which is awesome.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm glad things are looking up for you!

Thank you! Going to be readding cheato today, since it all died when I dosed the fluxonazole. I have a little bit of cyano that I cannot get rid of on my sand, have been battling for over a month now and I have some chemiclean from my last tank. I am going to be dosing that this weekend I think to try to get rid of the cyano.

I upped my calcium effulent flowrate last night too, as I was struggling to stay above 7 alk.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ordered some new fish that I am getting tomorrow:

Leopard Wrasse
McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
Multicolor Lubbocks Wrasse
Blue Flasher Wrasse
Carpenter Flasher Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse

Going to have them in a 20 gallon long QT and treat with prazi pro, pretty excited to have some wrasse again like I did in my old setup before I moved. I like how they are always swimming around the rocks, I think it will look good in this setup with a more open rockwork.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Those are some nice fish. I love my wrasses and couldn't imagine a tank without them.

Somehow missed this, but thank you! I am excited for them to be added to the DT. The blue flasher wrasse unfortunately wouldnt eat at all and died. Everyone else is doing great and is going through Prazi now.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I need to take some pictures soon, everything is taking off and has great colors.

For the wrasse, man I just dont get it. (I may be too early but idk)

They did great in QT, eat everything I put in. Put them in the DT on Wed and go straight into the corners hiding, which I expected but normally expected them to go out the next day a little and a little more each day. Well the only fish I have seen today is the yellow coris and the leopard wrasse. The leopard wrasse is just cruising around with the other fish eating everything.

If I do not see the others within the next week, I will order another batch and put them in a social box when adding to the DT. I didnt think I would have to do that since I have no other wrasse in the tank, only tangs and triggers plus one copperband butterfly and blue chromi

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well the only wrasse that made it and are thriving in the DT are the yellow coris, leopard wrasse and mccoskers wrasse.

We are going to give this another try with the credit I have and this time use a social acclimation box in the DT

Ordered:

Multicolored Lubbocks
Ruby Head Fairy Wrasse
Blue Flasher Wrasse

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
13b8c2930847ccce9a39a3b80a23b07b.jpg

7d1a9359afd59e28c9a234265df2f904.jpg

c79df4678978e4e5996ab365de8bbf80.jpg

dc0762ed63606ace19210d4a83c1c26f.jpg

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Took all of these pictures with my iPhone X so obviously not the best quality but its the best I could do. Everything has been doing great lately and I am excited for the way the tank is going lately. I am going to be changing my bulbs later this week.

6 blue plus and 2 coral plus is what I am going to go with.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back