My Triton Results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nvictor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do for the low sodium? I got low sodium from the triton test too. But salinity on the refractometer is 1.026;
Is it a calibration problem with my refractometer?
Thanks for the info.
Noel

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do for the low sodium? I got low sodium from the triton test too. But salinity on the refractometer is 1.026;
Is it a calibration problem with my refractometer?
Thanks for the info.
Noel

How low?

If very low, either the salinity is off or the Triton test is incorrect.

Both cannot be true, although the sodium can be slightly low without detecting it via salinity. :)

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nvictor, Grab some refractometer calibration solution (or make some if your adventurous enough) and test your calibration. They should not be calibrated to zero (RODI).

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will be error on someone's part. :D

Salinity at that sodium level would be closer to 29 ppt, or specific gravity = 1.0217. Could be somewhat higher if magnesium is especially high. Maybe 30 ppt.

mntbighker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first test back, and my tin is VERY high with aluminum in the yellow high. I have no metal objects to speak of (like hose clamps). I do know that vortech pump shafts erode if the ceramic bearing seizes. And PVC actually sounds more plausible than anything else. I do have a chiller that could be suspect I suppose. I think the coil is supposed to be stainless? I think it's Jebo? Tin is used in making float glass but I have a hard time imagining much tin stays with the glass. I do run miracle mud.

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance tin and aluminum could come from the aluminum frame BRS screen tank toppers?

I'm not sure where the source is coming from but have you inspected all parts of your setup where condensation, moisture or a possible exposed area of metal could be? Look for any wet salt around the screen top, around any clamps or lights above the tank. Sometimes fine salt spray from a skimmer or overflow makes its way onto the surrounding parts and slowly builds up and drips periodically into the system. Issues like this can be frustrating but since little is known for some of these compounds and their effect on our animals, the best way to tell if you have an actual problem to worry about is to simply look at your corals and fish. If they seem perfectly fine then I probably wouldn't worry too much.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley - I just got my results back from TRITON and had a ICP-OES test done and here are my results. My Cal was a little low, deficiency in Potassion, Iodine and my Salinity was low, other than that it looks like everything else appears to be ok. Would love to hear your thoughts on my results from TRITON. I have been using for my reef salt, been using - Fritz Reef Pro RPM but I am getting ready to switch it to Brightwell - Neomarine salt since I was getting a gray like fungus on my mixing station which is my old Brute cans. Since I got my test results back I build another mixing station, and this is how she came out. Also, just bought a new BRS 6 STAGE RODI system & a Neptune DOS system for AWC that will be all connectors to my Apex controller. As far as my additives, I am going to use the Korallen Zucht coral system - WHAT DO YOU USE FOR YOUR ADDITITVES? Click the link below and if you would be so kind and let me know your thoughts, which would be HIGHLY appreciated?
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/44799/

TANK INFO: 120 MIXED REEF

IMG_5204.JPG

20170726_173859.jpg

Reefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious as I have just sent off for my first Triton test. I do not see nitrate in their test results or am I just missing it?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back