My Tsunami lid fell apart...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Glenn503

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...at the corner. What is the best glue to use to put it back together?
BAD69C94-53AC-4072-9519-BE56869B7813.jpeg

Last edited:

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the tsunami was supposed to be able to be taken apart and put back together like puzzle pieces...

OP
OP
Glenn503

Glenn503

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want everyone to know that I got an email from Artfully Acrylic telling me how to temporarily fix the lid. They are going to review my order and replace the lid for me with a new one. That’s above and beyond what I expected and asked for. All I wanted to know was how to glue my lid back together, I didn’t mean to create a Tsunami on here. I just wanted my lid repaired.

Anyway, thanks to those who tried to help and thank you to Artfully Acrylic for getting back to me and rectifying my problem above and beyond what I expected. Kudos.
Glenn

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad theyll replace it for you.
But i really thought they were suppose to come apart so you could reuse them on other tanks or configurations?? Just wondering thats what i read on the site when i was reviewing them for a lid for my own tank.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do come apart, you can see that in the picture, but if you look at where looks like frosted glass that is actually a break. AFAIK these are made from polycarbonate and not acrylic so acrylic solvents will not work.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, we have been SUPER busy through the holidays and are still playing catchup. Order fulfillment and response time to calls, or messages via email/social media, can take a little longer this time of year. We are a proud USA owned and operated business, but we are also a small USA owned and operated business. Don't worry though, continuing to provide a superior product and superior customer service are still always our #1 goal.

This is the first time I've even been able to get on R2R since before Thanksgiving lol. Order fulfillment and communicating with our customers has taken a front row seat as it always will =).

I just want everyone to know that I got an email from Artfully Acrylic telling me how to temporarily fix the lid. They are going to review my order and replace the lid for me with a new one. That’s above and beyond what I expected and asked for. All I wanted to know was how to glue my lid back together, I didn’t mean to create a Tsunami on here. I just wanted my lid repaired.

Anyway, thanks to those who tried to help and thank you to Artfully Acrylic for getting back to me and rectifying my problem above and beyond what I expected. Kudos.
Glenn

I wasn't even aware of your post here until now, but as you stated, we are getting you taken care of and a new 'Gen2' lid on it's way to you. Happy New Year =).

Glad theyll replace it for you.
But i really thought they were suppose to come apart so you could reuse them on other tanks or configurations?? Just wondering thats what i read on the site when i was reviewing them for a lid for my own tank.

Reef lover, they are designed to come apart and are designed as a modular system. Pieces are not designed to be, nor need to be, glued together.

Glenn has an early version Tsunami. Current Tsunami designs have been revised with improved support tab geometry to substantially increase the strength of the narrow section where the pictured break occurred.

Part of the beauty of Tsunami is it's adaptability. This allows us to continue to improve upon the design while maintaining compatibility with our patent pending Tsunami Interlock System. This adaptability also allows you to upgrade your lid by replacing sections to support new or removed equipment/mounts/cords, feed doors, etc.

In many cases, you can also replace sections of your Tsunami lid to configure it to work on a completely different tank. For example, the Red Sea Reefer 450 and 525xl Tsunami Lids share all the same components except the two side section pieces (due to the 3"+ difference in their width).

If you have any other questions please feel free to send us an email to [email protected] as we are outside the scope of the OP's original post at this point. Thanks!

OP
OP
Glenn503

Glenn503

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t ask for anything more. I’m looking forward to getting my new Gen 2!

Thanks,
Glenn

Last edited:

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice the one thing i didnt like about mine wasnt that it doesnt really sit flush with the overflow box so there is definatley some space for a potential jumper

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have an older style. I have two tops and they both are developing cracks. I never have taken them apart or anything.

I am looking for a another lid for a new reefer but worried this will happen again.

I saw you had a new style coming out but it looks like it is only available as a Tsunami type?

MVIMG_20190324_234200.jpg

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have an older style. I have two tops and they both are developing cracks. I never have taken them apart or anything.

I am looking for a another lid for a new reefer but worried this will happen again.

I saw you had a new style coming out but it looks like it is only available as a Tsunami type?

MVIMG_20190324_234200.jpg

We have, unfortunately, encountered some issues with the first gen Tsunamis, but we stand behind our work and if you will email me at [email protected] we will replace your original Tsunamis, free of charge, with the Tsunami generation we make now. (not the Pisces EXO, as that is a totally different product) A new Tsunami lid should not cause you to experience such problems, but if it did, we would replace that one, as well.

Our current Tsunamis have been changed to survive wear and tear of moving the lid, and general use by upgrading and relocating the interlocking joints and tabbing system. We are no longer experiencing these issues with the newer design. As with all new great ideas, these lids have been tweaked, reworked and countless hours of R&D have gone into making them a much more sustainable lid. They have been configured differently than our first generation Tsunamis.

We do have a new lid called the Pisces EXO, it does have interlocking joints, somewhat similar, and yet so different than the modular Tsunami design. This design serves several purposes that the Tsunami does not, as some reefers have differing needs. You can view a video posted by Reefbuilders to see the wonders of the Pisces EXO. Please note that, in his excitement, Jake Adams refers to it a Tsunami. It is, in fact the Pisces EXO.

Back