My underwater garden

jerrad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Jerrad and I'm a addict. Been in and out of the reefing hobby for about five years. With this last run being for three years. Currently have.

Red Sea reefer 350
3- hydra 26hd for lights
Vectra m1 for a return with manifold
Skimz 203 monster for the skimmer
Mp40 for flow
In the near future will be adding 14 gallon biocube for fuge.

Tank has been running for about a year and a half. Am lucky to have wife/partner that shares in the addiction. So about 6 months ago we drilled our 29 gallon biocube hqi and hooked it into the main system. This being her tank. Bio cube as follows

29 gallon biocube hqi with stand
Hydra 26 non hd
Split return
Mp10 for flow
Fed off the m1

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0876.JPG

tdunmore2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the incorporation of the bio29. How has that addition affected the sump level and water flow in the 350?
Would love to see some close up pics of the coral garden you guys have growing!

OP
OP
jerrad

jerrad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the incorporation of the bio29. How has that addition affected the sump level and water flow in the 350?
Would love to see some close up pics of the coral garden you guys have growing!
Water level in the sump when power is off is about 1 1/2 from the top.

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

islandbreeze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet lil reef Jarrad, I too want to add my 29 bio cube to my existing setup, i did bean overflows (3 drain w 2 valves) for my 3 current tanks to my 120 gal sump/ fug.
how did you plumb the drains and drill the back i see? did you add separate overflow skim box to inside of mini sump in 29 or just 2 bulk heads drilled? did you down or upturn the start of drains inside center box? one lower than other? did you do 2 or 3 drain? the bean animals are so quiet! tanks look good, how you like the black gravel, ive got4 boxes but not liking the sediment accumulation that occurs but i got tons of clowns.. I wish there was a black oolite sand.

islandbreeze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, you took the box out. wasnt thinkin that but that adds some space. you might as well take the rim off. looks way better, i did.

OP
OP
jerrad

jerrad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet lil reef Jarrad, I too want to add my 29 bio cube to my existing setup, i did bean overflows (3 drain w 2 valves) for my 3 current tanks to my 120 gal sump/ fug.
how did you plumb the drains and drill the back i see? did you add separate overflow skim box to inside of mini sump in 29 or just 2 bulk heads drilled? did you down or upturn the start of drains inside center box? one lower than other? did you do 2 or 3 drain? the bean animals are so quiet! tanks look good, how you like the black gravel, ive got4 boxes but not liking the sediment accumulation that occurs but i got tons of clowns.. I wish there was a black oolite sand.
Will start with I love my black sand, cuc keeps it top notch. And it makes my corals pop a little more. Drilled the 29 twice in last chamber. One over the other. Set up for herbie drain. System is crazy quite. Mini sump is still in contact on the 29. The one u seen gutted is a 14 im turning into a fuge. Sorta like the top on on the hqi

IMG_1076.JPG

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back