This is my 3rd reef tank 1st one was 150 gallons 72" x 26" x 18" 2nd one was 60" x 24" x 36" Acrylic and next came allot of scratches. So I purchased a glass starphire 60†x 25†x 36†tank from Miracles Aquariums out of Ontario. Now my setup consist of a
125-gallon sump
Bubble King Supermarin 200 internal skimmer
Aqua C RX-1C Calcium reactor
5 MP 40 Ecotech Vortech circulating pumps
1 3600 gph Dolphin return pump going through a 1 ½†manifold
MRC Nilsen Kalk reactor
Milwaukee SMs122 PH monitor
Refugium is built into the sump
50 gal tub with top off water system
35 Gallon Horizontal Leg Tank for water changes
2 Lumenark 111 reflectors with 250 radium metal halide bulbs
1 SolarBlast Ultra 20000 Kelvin LED fixture from: Apollo Reef LED | Lighting Your Reef
NextReef MR1 Media Reactor to remove Phosphate
My old Kold Ster-il Water Filter converted to a carbon reactor
Aquascaping ideas and thoughts
I’m really appreciating the length of time I’ve had for the planning my Aquascape process, though, only problem is I get lots of chances to second-guess myself! First time around I made a platform out of scheduled 80 PC ½†pipe it was 48†long by 24†wide and 2¾†high. This was designed for water to flow underneath using an Ecotech Vortech MP 40 pump. I wanted to provide enough empty space for flow and easy maintenance. This was originally designed for a bare bottom tank, keeping free and clear of organisms and detritus accumulation... I was thinking of keeping it bare bottom but redesigning the platform, no more rectangular with a pile of rocks on it. This time using a figure eight design (the tank can be viewed front and back so I don’t have much choice). But now using some form of substrate material to hide the platform. I got a hold of some 1†fiberglass grating so the height will only be 2 inches and I have a lot of small 3†rock so I can line the edges separating the platform from the substrates. Now there’s lots of other substrate materials out there, of different sizes, textures. I wonder if I should use something heavier then sand, (remember the vortech pump flowing underneath). (see attached photo's)
Here's is the finished tank video it's a in wall tank behind my 17 foot bar with openings, front and back. MobileMe Gallery
Please fill free to comment.
125-gallon sump
Bubble King Supermarin 200 internal skimmer
Aqua C RX-1C Calcium reactor
5 MP 40 Ecotech Vortech circulating pumps
1 3600 gph Dolphin return pump going through a 1 ½†manifold
MRC Nilsen Kalk reactor
Milwaukee SMs122 PH monitor
Refugium is built into the sump
50 gal tub with top off water system
35 Gallon Horizontal Leg Tank for water changes
2 Lumenark 111 reflectors with 250 radium metal halide bulbs
1 SolarBlast Ultra 20000 Kelvin LED fixture from: Apollo Reef LED | Lighting Your Reef
NextReef MR1 Media Reactor to remove Phosphate
My old Kold Ster-il Water Filter converted to a carbon reactor
Aquascaping ideas and thoughts
I’m really appreciating the length of time I’ve had for the planning my Aquascape process, though, only problem is I get lots of chances to second-guess myself! First time around I made a platform out of scheduled 80 PC ½†pipe it was 48†long by 24†wide and 2¾†high. This was designed for water to flow underneath using an Ecotech Vortech MP 40 pump. I wanted to provide enough empty space for flow and easy maintenance. This was originally designed for a bare bottom tank, keeping free and clear of organisms and detritus accumulation... I was thinking of keeping it bare bottom but redesigning the platform, no more rectangular with a pile of rocks on it. This time using a figure eight design (the tank can be viewed front and back so I don’t have much choice). But now using some form of substrate material to hide the platform. I got a hold of some 1†fiberglass grating so the height will only be 2 inches and I have a lot of small 3†rock so I can line the edges separating the platform from the substrates. Now there’s lots of other substrate materials out there, of different sizes, textures. I wonder if I should use something heavier then sand, (remember the vortech pump flowing underneath). (see attached photo's)
Here's is the finished tank video it's a in wall tank behind my 17 foot bar with openings, front and back. MobileMe Gallery
Please fill free to comment.
