Jayanth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! I starting this thread to showcase my Waterbox 130.4 build. I have planned a lot on automation and a lot of gadgets. I am indeed a control freak.

My Waterbox 130.4 finally arrived here in Canada after around 3 months.

Some of the equipments that I have now and will be adding more soon.

Neptune Apex El ( Did not go for the full Apex as I always found the salinity probe to be a pain or inaccurate )
Neptune COR-20 return pump
Neptune Sky's for the light x2 ( Yes, I know radians are so popular but I wanted to really try something new ) The spread is really good and gives a T5 hybrid look.
Radion RMS Gen5 Mounts for Sky's ( Yes, Radion mounts work with the Neptune Sky's )
Neptune DOS x2 ( One for BRS 2 part dosing and other for my auto water changes from my basement )
Kamoer X1 Pro WiFi doser - Had an extra one will probably use for Mag dosing or liquid food
Neptune ATK ATO ( I have this setup in the basement to push water up almost 10 Ft up to my sump ) This needs a FMM module to power the PMUP.
Neptune Solenoid - I use this with a combination of optical sensors to fill my RO water as it depletes. This needs a FMM module to power the solenoid.
Neptune Trident - Monitor my All, Cal and Mag ( The 3 most imp params for stable tanks )
Nyos 160 Protein Skimmer
Nyos Torq reactor Gen-2 - For running Rox carbon and GFO when needed
BRS 5-stage RODI system
BRS 2x 300 Watt titanium heaters with InkBird Wifi controller
Klir DI-4 filter roller fleece - I don't like to deal with cleaning filter socks
Ice Cap CO2 Scrubber
Adaptive Reef standard controller board
Neptune Leak Probe - I use this around the Sump and basement mixing station ( This is plugged into the FMM module )
Neptune 1" flow sensor - Used to monitor tank / sump turn over rate ( This is plugged into the FMM module )
Ecotech MP-40 powerhead
Nero 3 - I use 2 of them on the back wall for flow in lower areas and rock gaps

Future / Coming soon - Aqua UV Sterilizer

Used Marco rock for creating my version of HSNA aquascape which I was inspired from Ryan from BRS.

If you want to move heavy tanks do get some suction cups they are a life saver.

Attaching some pictures for now. Will also do a detailed write up on the mixing station if anyone is interested as there are too many of them.

tempImagehqUh9W.png tempImagea86h8d.png tempImageiWo3kz.png tempImagehZOuqU.png tempImage9cN4ZO.png tempImage81syx6.png tempImageQzMegt.png tempImagex60Sij.png tempImageoRbVQS.png tempImagemVas7m.png tempImageaMcATL.png tempImagefVYCd7.png tempImagekvgmnH.png

OP
OP
Jayanth

Jayanth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice gear list! I find the Nyos carbon and phosi-ex (GFO) work really well in the Torq. Especially phosi-ex (way better than RowaPhos).
Good to know, Thanks for the suggestion. I still haven't used it as the tank is relatively new. Just finished cycling did not want to remove any necessary bacteria which I am dosing in the early days.

OP
OP
Jayanth

Jayanth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added the Klir DI-4, day 2 seems to work great. I have 2 sock holders in the Waterbox 130.4, I am using a Klir 4" diverter cap to cover one of them. I read a lot of mixed reviews about this, but I just did not want to modify my sump sock holders. This is super easy to install.

Attachments

• tempImagetHvinR.png
    tempImagetHvinR.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • tempImage4QXbSU.png
    tempImage4QXbSU.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 96

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to see how that roller works for you, especially with a new tank starting the filter socks clog quickly and if you have a auto top off, the rise in the sock chamber from backed up socks will dump a lot of ro water in.

OP
OP
Jayanth

Jayanth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next item to the build. Tunze Macro Algae Reactor 3181. Did not have space for a refugium so went for this one. Let’s see how this does.

Attachments

• DA5772A2-F07B-4954-A097-2886DA2E3365.jpeg
    DA5772A2-F07B-4954-A097-2886DA2E3365.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 81
  • E07168D7-649F-4186-A643-80777729C17A.jpeg
    E07168D7-649F-4186-A643-80777729C17A.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 70

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back