MY ZEOVIT 180 SPS

marvelousone

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2013
Messages
979
Reaction score
676
Location
shreveport la
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to do a SPS only tank on zeovit. My tank is an acrylic 180 with a 65gal sump. It has a lifereef skimmer and ATi T5 light fixture. I do have a chiller but not sure if I need it yet. The stand is custom built by me. I actually built it for a friend. He was getting out of the hobby so I bought it from him.
 
On day 4 diatom bloom in full force. Day 9 diatom bloom starting to go away. Have some hair algae on the rocks.
 
Today is day10 on zeovit. Still have brown algae. In goes 1 flame angel and some coral. Green, red and purple monticaps. Green and purple digitia. I broke my green slimmer so only a large piece will make it.
 
Thanks I'll have sit down and read the complete teqnique.
Beautiful scape.
Keep the updates coming especially over the next few months.
I'm sure many of us has never seen a zeo tank mature from scratch.

All the best and following along.
 
Nice. A tip, put the small gravel size zeo rocks into a mesh filter bag. They will eventually fall down and clog the holes in the zeo reactor.
 
Thanks I'll have sit down and read the complete teqnique.
Beautiful scape.
Keep the updates coming especially over the next few months.
I'm sure many of us has never seen a zeo tank mature from scratch.

All the best and following along.
Thanks I like the scape to I just cant wait till it is full of sps.
 
Nice. A tip, put the small gravel size zeo rocks into a mesh filter bag. They will eventually fall down and clog the holes in the zeo reactor.
Thanks for that. I have some now that is in the bottom that is messing with it pumping. I will do that when I change it out in two weeks.
 
Need more flow so adding eductors. Never used them but what I saw on a lfs tank I like them.
 
Put some new frags in tank today. They are still settling in Pink lemonade acro Candlelight acro Yellow tip acro
 
A little update. The brown dusty algae that is always on the glass is starting to go away. I wipe it off and it stays off for 4-5 hours which it would stay off for 30minutes. I notice the water is getting really clear. The colors from the coral are bright also. I am really liking it right now. The sand bed is not clean but it is not to bad. Couple more weeks and I going to get a sand shifting goby.
 
Today I changed out my zeolites stones. I replaced 60% of them since this is my first time to change them. I have lost so coral which I don't know why, Still trying to figure this out. I still have a brown algae all of my rocks.
 
Still following. What are the parameters like at this point?
 
po4 zero and no3 zero. using ati tester I need to get a different tester. The algae on the glass is now very light. I can go 3 days before I notice it on the glass. mg-1300, ca-410 and alk-7.2. I have to order a potassium tester. I have cut back on dosing zeostart to .6ml a day hoping it will help get rid on the algae on the rocks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new