MyAI network not loading? AquaIllumination Lights

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may never have paired to it. That’s why it’s not showing.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is she able to get into the advanced section on the device ?

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for local control in the advanced section

raythereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to have "bluetooth" and "location" turned on to connect. (At least with android)
Bluetooth and location settings are both on. Tried uninstalling and re installing the app and now my tank isn't showing at all on local. Still have the preset settings I was sent , have re sent them to my ai and it said presets saved but still tank is not showing somehow I've gone backwards and its looking like factory reset may be the only option. If I do factory reset and it fails to connect again does the light only operate as fully on or off via the unit ?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, when new, the lights do nothing until you set up a schedule- requiring connection. Hopefully I'm mistaken. Try mobius again, it had no problem linking to my hydra64s. The mp60s it was supposed to be for, not so much, still haven't connected

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a bunch of stuff .

Attachments

• Setting up AI Prime or Hydra HD (1).pdf
    312.7 KB · Views: 45

raythereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, when new, the lights do nothing until you set up a schedule- requiring connection. Hopefully I'm mistaken. Try mobius again, it had no problem linking to my hydra64s. The mp60s it was supposed to be for, not so much, still haven't connected
I tried mobius I'm the opposite got pumps and powerheads but no lights !

raythereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a bunch of stuff .
Thanks it's looking like I might have to do a network reset. Can add lights from their serial number so tried first one , it says this is the child device a network reset will have to be done to make it the parent device. So I thought bingo just do the other one, enter serial number several times each time to be greeted by the message 'serial number not recognised please make sure you have entered it correctly ' slowly losing the will here !

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks it's looking like I might have to do a network reset. Can add lights from their serial number so tried first one , it says this is the child device a network reset will have to be done to make it the parent device. So I thought bingo just do the other one, enter serial number several times each time to be greeted by the message 'serial number not recognised please make sure you have entered it correctly ' slowly losing the will here !
Different models?
[Snip]

Sorry all confusing to me.

Last edited:

raythereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are both ai fi devices it seems as both are beginning with d897, hard to understand why it can't recognise the serial number of the parent light when it is currently running as it should. Also been informed that as long as the light is on there should be a WiFi connection available to it and there isn't. Might send an email to ai before trying a network reset so I'm not stuck in a worse position than I currently am. Thanks for everyone's inputs and suggestions

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a hint that the serial # may not work if prev. err " registered".

It sort of would make sense if it was the " parent" light.
The child may not act so restrictive since as you saw it's tethered to the parent.

I really saw ( guess) no way to make things easier than a reset for a used light though.

Could be the parents broke?
To get the child working def need a reset afaict.

Soo reset both, start with the child light log into the local ai network.
Start app.. do the hoky poky .
Sound like a plan?
If nervous just reset the child.
Shut the " parent" off.

Ymmv

Last edited:

raythereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a hint that the serial # may not work if prev. err " registered".

It sort of would make sense if it was the " parent" light.
The child may not act so restrictive since as you saw it's tethered to the parent.

I really saw ( guess) no way to make things easier than a reset for a used light though.

Could be the parents broke?
To get the child working def need a reset afaict.

Think that's gonna be the plan. At least I know the serial number of the child is recognised which I can manually add as the parent if neither shows on the available device list. Also will ask previous owner to delete the lights from his my ai app and hopefully have some luck from there on. Will wait until lights are out on the tank later so the fish don't think the sun has fallen from the sky!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back