Mysis keeps floating

Hi! I received the small electric pump, but it appeared too weak, the vacuum it creates is non strong enough to drive all the air from dried food. The hand-cranked pump he uses in that video would probably give better results. I tried to put a little amount of FD mysis in an empty 10ml syringe, then drew in some water (just enough to cover it), closed the end where you attach the needle, and pulled the plunger back to create vacuum. Repeated that a few times, then took out the plunger and emptied the syringe contents into fish tank. They were partially hydrated, but not fully. Some floated in water and the fish took it, others went to the surface and stayed there. I am sure I could achieve much better results with stronger vacuum, I am still thinking what would be best to use for that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new