Mysterious One Spot Foxface Death

avgreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so last weekend I went away for a night and when I came back at like 10pm the next day I noticed that my foxface was breathing quickly and swimming underneath the return pump for my sump where he was unaffected by current. I did not have my QT set up at the time and my LFS was already closed so I had to wait till the morning till I could do anything. The next day when I came back he was dead in my sandbed. He didn't look beat up by anything and I placed the corpse in a freshwater bath to see if it was parasites but did not see any. I have had him for over two years and got him from another hobbyist who had him for a while. Just wanted to make sure that it was not something I could have done or if theres something I should be worried about. The pictured attached is him right after he died.

Attachments

• Ded.pdf
    19.7 MB · Views: 111
OP
OP
avgreen

avgreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you recently add anything new into the tank? new fish new coral etc? any of the other fish acting strange
Like a little over a month ago I added an orange flame torch but have not noticed anyone else acting strange. Also just to note, I did test my water and everything was fine, my nitrates were just a little high but they always have been and have not affected coral growth or any fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back