Mysterious One Spot Foxface Death

avgreen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so last weekend I went away for a night and when I came back at like 10pm the next day I noticed that my foxface was breathing quickly and swimming underneath the return pump for my sump where he was unaffected by current. I did not have my QT set up at the time and my LFS was already closed so I had to wait till the morning till I could do anything. The next day when I came back he was dead in my sandbed. He didn't look beat up by anything and I placed the corpse in a freshwater bath to see if it was parasites but did not see any. I have had him for over two years and got him from another hobbyist who had him for a while. Just wanted to make sure that it was not something I could have done or if theres something I should be worried about. The pictured attached is him right after he died.
 

Attachments

did you recently add anything new into the tank? new fish new coral etc? any of the other fish acting strange
 
did you recently add anything new into the tank? new fish new coral etc? any of the other fish acting strange
Like a little over a month ago I added an orange flame torch but have not noticed anyone else acting strange. Also just to note, I did test my water and everything was fine, my nitrates were just a little high but they always have been and have not affected coral growth or any fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new