Mystery Algae Growth

icehood24

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2022
Messages
63
Reaction score
13
Location
huh
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a weird thing that may be algae growing on my already diatom covered dry rock. Can anyone please tell me what it is? Thanks!

ECEA5411-E5AC-41D8-B5E3-6E12F98BBE7E.jpeg
 
Thankyou, i realized the problem and am getting one tommorow. Do you think I need to feed it? If so how often and what food?
 
Thankyou, i realized the problem and am getting one tommorow. Do you think I need to feed it? If so how often and what food?
Let it eat any aiptasia first. If you have fish he'll snag leftovers. They'll eat a variety of foods. You probably have little nems you can't see. He'll find them.
 
Bubbles and all.
Do you know if it looks like dino’s for sure? I have been confused on if it is dino’s or diatoms for a bit and I just tried doing a microscope test. On the test I got weird results and I don’t think the microscope zoomed in enough.
 
Do you know if it looks like dino’s for sure? I have been confused on if it is dino’s or diatoms for a bit and I just tried doing a microscope test. On the test I got weird results and I don’t think the microscope zoomed in enough.
Looks stringy. Does it look better at night?
 
It doesn’t look better at night. Maybe only a tiny bit better.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new