Mystery magnifica disease ..would like some input

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hot2na
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2018
Messages
1,375
Reaction score
985
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a couple mags in another tank that have been treated with cipro before and did not resolve this issue ..the body appears bloated , the tentatcles get really stubby ,they lose zoox and gradually bleach..Strange thing is - they don't deflate or spew with this infection ..and surprisingly -they eat even with this infection ..I am stumped..want to treat further , but with what abx ?
I have a pic here : any thoughts from the nem gurus ?

356266194_947066643244410_3685196508474092983_n.jpg
 
I have a couple mags in another tank that have been treated with cipro before and did not resolve this issue ..the body appears bloated , the tentatcles get really stubby ,they lose zoox and gradually bleach..Strange thing is - they don't deflate or spew with this infection ..and surprisingly -they eat even with this infection ..I am stumped..want to treat further , but with what abx ?
I have a pic here : any thoughts from the nem gurus ?

356266194_947066643244410_3685196508474092983_n.jpg
Cipro is hit and miss. If expelling zooxanthellae, too much light. If shriveled or short tentacles, may be insufficient light and excess flow- Often they need a balance with light and flow.
Assure phosphate and salinity not elevated
 
Can you isolate them and see what happens? Sometimes they simply don't get along.
 
Following, I have one mag thats been like this for >6 months now, not sure what,k its not dying or getting smaller or anything but bleached. I think the only reason its alive is because im feeding it, all other anemones are totally good.
 
Following, I have one mag thats been like this for >6 months now, not sure what,k its not dying or getting smaller or anything but bleached. I think the only reason its alive is because im feeding it, all other anemones are totally good.
What other anemones are in your tank? I do think allelopathy can definitely affect anemones.
 
Only another mags in that system, he used to be in a system with gigs and mertens but I moved him out thinking it was allelopathy but no improvement.
 
I would tried to take good care of him and feed him. Hope he turn around quickly for you.
 
What other anemones are in your tank? I do think allelopathy can definitely affect anemones.
other mags. and a big red hadoni
 
UPDATE : I solved this problem after alot of detective work ..turns out I had a heater in the tank with an internal leak..Had algae growing inside the glass..it still functioned ,but eventually shorted out ..I Removed it - did a 30% water change ..and the mags look noticeably better...
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new