Na3PO4 Dosing. Can I use the attached?

Abbetude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Na3PO4 Dosing. Can I safely dose the attached?
Na3Po4.jpg

Some background info:
I am running a new lightly stocked tank with some small LPS which is +-4 months old.

I ran into some nasty issues and discovered Nitrates @ 0 & Phosphate @ 0 several times using a Red Sea test kit. During my journey switched off skimmer, switched off refugium light and dose Potassium Nitrate to get to 5 ppm and tried to raise PO4 with some frozens. Switch equipment and light on and within a day or so back to 0.

I am trying to find the balance, by dosing the PO4 component.
Current PO4 @ 0.08 & NO3 @ 5 - 10ppm. Skimmer only on for 6Hrs a day now. Refugium light still off or now.

I

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how to interpret that chart.

As long as it's at least food grade, Na3PO4 would be a safe option for dosing PO4. The hydrate part simply means there is 12 moles of water per mole of the other, so you have to figure that into your calculations for dosing. It will increase sodium in your tank over time, which shouldn't be a big problem since the amount will be small, and if you do water changes every once in a while.

OP
OP
A

Abbetude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how to interpret that chart.

As long as it's at least food grade, Na3PO4 would be a safe option for dosing PO4. The hydrate part simply means there is 12 moles of water per mole of the other, so you have to figure that into your calculations for dosing. It will increase sodium in your tank over time, which shouldn't be a big problem since the amount will be small, and if you do water changes every once in a while.

I do not think that one was food grade as it did not state it anywhere. How about this one?

Attachments

• Mono.pdf
    131.4 KB · Views: 97

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a lot of people - including myself - have been using this one, haven't heard anyone complain about it yet :)

J.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think that one was food grade as it did not state it anywhere. How about this one?

I can’t download it on my phone. If it is food grade I expect it is ok.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back