Nacho's Af Oceanguard 605

nachosreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
66
Location
Skagit Valley
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Setup: 114-Gallon Mixed Reef Tank Build


Hey reefers! I’m excited to share the details of my new 114-gallon saltwater setup. Here’s what I’ve got running so far:


Equipment:


  • Aquarium: AF OceanGuard 605
  • Controller: Neptune Apex A3
  • Return Pump: Cor15
  • Flow: WAV Powerheads
  • Heaters: Sicce Scuba 400W
  • Utility Pump: PMUP V2
  • Water Level Sensors: Two optical level sensors
  • Lighting: Reef Flare Pro Large
  • Auto-Feeder: Avast Plank
  • ATO Shutoff: Generic Amazon RO float kit as a manual shutoff
  • Water Monitoring: Seneye

Rock and Substrate:


  • 65 lbs Marco Rock
  • 40 lbs CaribSea Sand
  • 40 lbs Fiji Sand

Livestock:
Currently housing two clownfish, and they're doing great so far!


Looking forward to growing this tank into a beautiful mixed reef. I’d love to hear any suggestions or advice on what to add next—corals, clean-up crew, or upgrades. Let me know what you think!



Cheers!

PXL_20250113_030930710.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg PXL_20250117_181011019.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg PXL_20250117_182702254.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250113_005600855.mp4
    27.7 MB
Following along! Your tank is off to a good start!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new