Not open for further replies.

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"How was your afternoon Simon?"

I had a great afternoon thanks! :)

I love going to my lfs on a Friday afternoon, the weekend stock is in or about to go in from the wholesaler.
My mate Rich was on his own and up to his eyes in it with 4 boxes of live stock to un box and acclimate.
"You busy this afternoon Simon?"
I spent 3 and a half hours (1 ciggy break with a coffee) and it flew by, I actually felt useful and appreciated, bagged a few things, un bagged loads and chatted to customers as I went along.

When I took this out of the poly box in it's bag I said to myself you are coming home with me! ;)
So as I was leaving I asked the price, my mate checked the invoice, £71.25 retail.
He let me have it for £35 which works out at £10 an hour tax free, I can live with that! :)

DSC_0071 (2) (1024x684).jpg

When I lifted the coral out of the bag at home, it was un bagged at the shop by me but bagged by my mate, I found this in the bottom of the bag so then had to acclimate it, the coral went straight in! ;)

DSC_0072 (2) (1024x683).jpg
See? The downs are always followed by ups in this roller coaster of a hobby!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved reading all 34 pages of your thread! You are very talented, and it's amazing to see how your grubby little puddle turned into such a fabulous ecosystem! Thank you so much for sharing your journey!

Thanks for taking the time and for the very kind words. :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have way more time invested in this thread than I do! (Steps back and gracefully bows to the master....)

Thanks. :)

I have decided to move the smaller nepthea to the right in front into the twins, two reasons.
One - I need space.
Two - I want to see what it does under T5s. :)

DSC_0001 (1024x744).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two are babies of a single polyp (down to the right) of this I saved by accident, the colony dissolved when it went into my display with a point of sale reading of 3 (three) due to a faulty test kit at my lfs, everyone thought my kit was faulty. it was not, I have it here and it is in date.
Salifert were called whilst I was in the shop and I have had no feedback about these (about 50) or the dead acro skeletons collection, that is who I am going to vent at, I need a release. ;)

DSC_0011 (1024x749) (2).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a very pretty clown at my lfs, it has been there for ages, I was the one that spotted that it's mate had died, it gave me the sad puppy eyes today, we always interact, I said "sorry little dude, I already have four, it wouldn't work!".
... Four in the twins, serious people, in a 13.5 G / 52 litre?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
somehow i have a feeling this is going to be an ooops photo in the near future ;)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that"s the 1st thing ame to mind when seen pic..snip..snip..lol:cool:

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't google it it is C. brachypus, my tangs love this crap but it is the very invasive one.
I gardened earlier and moved loads to the back, the tuxedo is loving it's new doo and I have the caulerpa back at the front! ;Facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back