N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy (1).gif

I am working through about 8 pics I took earlier, due to the clean glass, next up LA Lakers, I might get one fragged and get some store credit going again! ;)
DSC_0124 (1) (1024x655).jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are so healthy, I'm enjoying having something happy to look at! :)

DSC_0122 (1) (1024x684).jpg
I love how you left the mariculture tag on. I have a monti cap pre-indo ban and still have the tag on. #memories

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure so just watching, the stem was shaded where it was fragged and I glued it at about the right angle to how it was growing.
If I took a pic from the desk end you would never know it was like this! ;)

DSC_0126 (1) (1024x683).jpg
I guess it’s a digi? I’ve seen this and they’ll recover easy.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are so healthy, I'm enjoying having something happy to look at! :)

DSC_0122 (1) (1024x684).jpg
Another point, I love how you left it on its rock with all that beautiful coralline. Some nice encrusting there ;) The more I read into your thread, the more I realise you’re my kind of reefer.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how you left the mariculture tag on. I have a monti cap pre-indo ban and still have the tag on. #memories
I guess it’s a digi? I’ve seen this and they’ll recover easy.
Another point, I love how you left it on its rock with all that beautiful coralline. Some nice encrusting there ;) The more I read into your thread, the more I realise you’re my kind of reefer.

Thanks, the fluff ball is a stilo.
I love watching corals encrust and grow and like the odd little rescue challenge!
I hate coraline algae with a passion, there are 6 or 7 tuxedos in the twins! ;)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, the fluff ball is a stilo.
I love watching corals encrust and grow and like the odd little rescue challenge!
I hate coraline algae with a passion, there are 6 or 7 tuxedos in the twins! ;)
Coralline is like GSP, Xenia, etc. Everyone wants it in the beginning but it’s pain once it starts to take hold. I’m totally with you on that. Killed a pump or two on me. BTW, your tank is fabulous. I’m inspired by your reefing. I aspire to do that same.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralline is like GSP, Xenia, etc. Everyone wants it in the beginning but it’s pain once it starts to take hold. I’m totally with you on that. Killed a pump or two on me. BTW, your tank is fabulous. I’m inspired by your reefing. I aspire to do that same.

Too kind. :)
I like to think outside the box, without the display refugium this would not work.
Excusing the current situation but normally I can just harvest caulerpa when my levels get too low, I generally don't touch the sump refugium.
When it is more balanced I can cut down on skimming, skimmer is working it's little socks off currently, Nyos 160.
When I designed the tank and showed it to the manager at my lfs, good mate, and asked if I was nuts he hardly hesitated at all before he said no, he designed the weirs and the sump.
I have my downs as well as ups but adding the cave gobies has humbled me because the system (hate that word) couldn't cope, I learned something! ;)

DSC_0123 (1024x616).jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too kind. :)
I like to think outside the box, without the display refugium this would not work.
Excusing the current situation but normally I can just harvest caulerpa when my levels get too low, I generally don't touch the sump refugium.
When it is more balanced I can cut down on skimming, skimmer is working it's little socks off currently, Nyos 160.
When I designed the tank and showed it to the manager at my lfs, good mate, and asked if I was nuts he hardly hesitated at all before he said no, he designed the weirs and the sump.
I have my downs as well as ups but adding the cave gobies has humbled me because the system (hate that word) couldn't cope, I learned something! ;)

DSC_0123 (1024x616).jpg
I have a mixed reef and I’m ready to strip the SPS for some reason. I just want a fuller tank with more movement. LPS and softies. Also would like some macro in the mix. Still scratching my head. Next time I’m in the UK, I’ll have to come by for ideas. :D

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mixed reef and I’m ready to strip the SPS for some reason. I just want a fuller tank with more movement. LPS and softies. Also would like some macro in the mix. Still scratching my head. Next time I’m in the UK, I’ll have to come by for ideas. :D

Be careful, @ScottR, be very careful. Simon has some, well, let's call them "initiation activities" he employs. One of them, specifically speaking, will really clear your head of any congestion!

Edit; if this seems a bit mysterious it is simply because you have not read through enough of his thread. Hint; presently, it's closer to the end of this thread than the beginning. ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the page I use for reference on macros, there are loads of non invasive ones. ;)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful, @ScottR, be very careful. Simon has some, well, let's call them "initiation activities" he employs. One of them, specifically speaking, will really clear your head of any congestion!
By initiation, does that mean eating a Paly? ;Hilarious

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By initiation, does that mean eating a Paly? ;Hilarious

No, however, I wouldn't rule it out.

Are you ever likely to forget that?! :p

Yes, probably near the close of the present century! ;) (The real shame is I forgot to bookmark it. Now I'm going to have to go through the hassle of finding it. I could use the search function but that would take the fun out of it.)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to change the 2 part I dose to Tropic Marin all for reef!
This is not a sudden change as such, I have been thinking about it for a while, I am getting the big three tested by my lfs on Tuesday and will come up with a base dose! ;)

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the page I use for reference on macros, there are loads of non invasive ones. ;)

I’ve just (like yesterday whilst in spain!) ordered 3 lots from Manfred, infact he says it’s delayed next week because of overnight cold!

He has some great stuff, I’ve just spent £23 on 3 types of red non invasive algae that’s ‘slightly edible’ ’ so I guess as soon as I add it the tangs are gonna eat it! And that’s going to cost me!

To be fare he does say keep it in a safe place, which I’m guessing isn’t the display tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back