Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to change the 2 part I dose to Tropic Marin all for reef!
This is not a sudden change as such, I have been thinking about it for a while, I am getting the big three tested by my lfs on Tuesday and will come up with a base dose! ;)
I’ve been using all for reef for awhile and love it. It’s a one stop shop. Keeps alk and Ca stable and has trace in it. I don’t test trace but at least don’t need to to sweat it.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just (like yesterday whilst in spain!) ordered 3 lots from Manfred, infact he says it’s delayed next week because of overnight cold!

He has some great stuff, I’ve just spent £23 on 3 types of red non invasive algae that’s ‘slightly edible’ ’ so I guess as soon as I add it the tangs are gonna eat it! And that’s going to cost me!

To be fare he does say keep it in a safe place, which I’m guessing isn’t the display tank!

I keep the "catnip for tangs" in the sump, trying to see how fast it grows, feeding small amounts daily to the fish! ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little assassin came into the display this morning, she spends most of her time in the cube, not a word about her tummy, she is under long! ;)

DSC_0122 (1024x745).jpg

DSC_0125 (1024x804).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I have been meaning to do it for a couple of weeks, the convict is in the twins!
I slightly lost my temper with the blenny in the puddle because I watched it bite the mandarin!
The blenny is now in this sump with the larger killer blenny.
The cherub dislikes it a lot, the long nose hawk appears to like it! :)
The tangs all ignored it.

DSC_0123 (3) (1024x684).jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 bags of live mysis added after display lights out, 2 to the display, 1 in the cube and 1 in the sump, I watched them swimming in the sump until I picked the camera up! ;)

DSC_0124 (3) (1024x683).jpg
So jealous you have access to live mysis.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other lfs I use get live food deliveries on a Friday, I'm going to start going in on a Saturday instead of a Monday as a lot of the smaller stuff goes really quickly.
I can only get brine and I doubt the nutritional value of them. What other live foods do you feed?

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"You cleaned the glass Simon, how was the neurotic fox face?"

I have had to do everything that needs doing with my hand in, no hands out tools.
I used the magnetic glass cleaner today with my hand holding the wet side, I removed the dry side magnet, ff flinched a lot and moved a bit, it didn't freak, I might need to fit a "happy smoke" inlet to the skimmer! ;)
Late lights so only one pair of T5s on. :)

DSC_0128 (1024x729).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the front.
I basted the cyano off this earlier, I will check tomorrow, the cyano comes and then goes at night, I might actually be getting somewhere and yes that is as healthy as it looks, another good sign. :)

DSC_0124 (1) (1024x735).jpg

I so need to spam the pink anacropora somewhere, also just basted clean.

DSC_0126 (3) (1024x776).jpg

Still loving this monti! :)

DSC_0130 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a couple of hours at the lfs today and sorted their livestock delivery, got another little something for the puddle! ;)

The shop is looking after a Gem tang for someone, it is about 10 years old and every time I go in I talk to it and blow kisses!
I got some of the red algae from the sump and held it in, it swam calmly over and gently ate from my fingers, I did smile a lot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back